• In total there are 8 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Tweets Are Baaaack!

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: The Tweets Are Baaaack!

Unread post

right.. because it would be immoral not to allow migrants to ignore a sovereign nation's immigration laws.

you've anthropomorphized an ISSUE involving thousands of people, all with different motives/goals/desires, into a SINGLE "I am a law abiding immigrant wanting to enter the US lawfully to feed my child" migrant.

the irrational fallacies of the far left continue to amaze me.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

For anyone that would like to donate monies for the building of The Wall, here is the link to the GOFUNDME website.

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

ant wrote:For anyone that would like to donate monies for the building of The Wall, here is the link to the GOFUNDME website.

We've gone from Mexico paying for The Wall to crowd-funding of The Wall. What a long strange trip.
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

DWill wrote:
ant wrote:For anyone that would like to donate monies for the building of The Wall, here is the link to the GOFUNDME website.

We've gone from Mexico paying for The Wall to crowd-funding of The Wall. What a long strange trip.
Assuming there will be wall, U.S. taxpayers will pay for it. We were always going to pay for it despite Trump's blather about USMCA and fewer dollars spent on illegal immigrants. If people want to
GoFundMe the wall, great. People who think we need a wall will pay for the wall. A brilliant solution (if they can raise $5 Billion). Me? I'm going to buy stock in picks, shovels, extension ladders, excavating equipment, big air-filled landing bags Hollywood stuntmen use, ultralight aircraft, we'll see what works.
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

DWill wrote:

Non sequitur

If American citizens are still willing to ask "what can I do for my country" per the last true classic liberal president JFK then so be it.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

ant wrote:
DWill wrote:

Non sequitur

If American citizens are still willing to ask "what can I do for my country" per the last true classic liberal president JFK then so be it.
That is, you don't see it my way. OK, but my comment does follow from the events we're talking about, therefore not a non sequitur.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I'm not making fun of your pro-Wall position, ant. I was indulging in some snarkiness directed at President Trump. Some offer good reasons for favoring a wall along the entire border, even saying plausibly that such a goal can be compassionate. I simply can't agree with the emphasis on a physical barrier. In some places where a wall already exists, it has worked well and perhaps can be made even more effective. But in many other places on the border a wall is impractical, too expensive, and would violate many existing environmental laws. Technology will continue to improve and to offer better ways to increase border security than erecting new walls.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Non sequitur

If American citizens are still willing to ask "what can I do for my country" per the last true classic liberal president JFK then so be it.[/quote]
That is, you don't see it my way. OK, but my comment does follow from the events we're talking about, therefore not a non sequitur.[/quote]

What's implicit in your comments is what provokes the non sequitur fallacy

Because Mexico won't fund a wall

Because a campaign promise was broken

Because this specific issue has taken a wild turn

It's ironic, silly, ridiculous, or useless for American citizens to organize among themselves to raise some funds for it.

It's not.. it's Americans doing something for their country that is perfectly legal and within their rights.They are being very liberal with their money
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

DWill wrote:I'm not making fun of your pro-Wall position, ant. I was indulging in some snarkiness directed at President Trump. Some offer good reasons for favoring a wall along the entire border, even saying plausibly that such a goal can be compassionate. I simply can't agree with the emphasis on a physical barrier. In some places where a wall already exists, it has worked well and perhaps can be made even more effective. But in many other places on the border a wall is impractical, too expensive, and would violate many existing environmental laws. Technology will continue to improve and to offer better ways to increase border security than erecting new walls.
In some places a wall is not practical. In others it might very well be.

Interbane's comments on enhanced drone patrols are good thoughts as well.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

DWill wrote:
A little more detail on this long strange trip:

"Mexico will pay for the wall." President Trump
"We're not going to pay for that fucking wall." Ex-President Vincente Fox.
U.S. citizens will pay for the wall.
Mexico is already paying for the wall under a (slightly revised) new trade agreement.
“NO. Mexico will NEVER pay for a wall. Not now, not ever. Sincerely, Mexico (all of us).” Current President Enrique Peña Nieto
"Tremendous amounts of wall have already been built, and a lot of — a lot of wall." President Trump
“I am proud to shut down the government for border security. … I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down.” President Trump
Crowdfunding donations currently up to $15 million
U.S. Government shuts down over U.S. taxpayer funds for the wall.
"The Department of Homeland Security can't actually spend money from Mexico. We have to get it from the treasury.” Mick Mulvaney, Incoming Chief of Staff
“The Democrats now own the shutdown!” President Trump
:x :P :chatsmilies_com_92:

Return to “Current Events & History”