• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Draining the swamp - Thank you Donald Trump

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: Draining the swamp - Thank you Donald Trump

Unread post

I've seen a couple warnings like this. "Just You Wait!" they say, a scandal like you've never seen is about to be revealed. (Kudos to you--this one is well done. You should work for the Administration.) Former Trump point man Sebastian Gorka proclaimed that the misdeeds by the Obama/Clinton/FBI/CIA et al cabal are more consequential than what propelled the colonists to rebel against England (I think he said "1,000 times more"). Well, I have time, I will wait. In the meantime I'll continue to regard such predictions of a shattering scandal as the smelliest of red herrings. People who seek Trump's favor know he does not want anything about Russia's interference in the last election to be investigated. (Why not? That is still as mysterious as why his personal attorney paid Stormy Daniels $130,000 out of his own pocket.) So Trump has collected a legion of supporters devoted to wiping the Russia problem from the national consciousness.

By the way, great job, Mr. Trump of draining the swamp. VA chief David Shulkin is the latest of several high appointees to bilk taxpayers for luxury travel and perks.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

That conspiracy email is structured just like the countless "sales" websites that try to convince you their product is the best thing since sliced bread. Some anti-salesman part of my brain recognized it and I reactively clicked the "back" button to escape it.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

Hillary Clinton belongs in prison. Donald Trump belongs in the next cell. We can fill 200 more cells with Senators and Congressmen. We'll need another prison for denizens of K Street. And the list goes on. Why are people surprised when some one in Washington DC breaks the law? They don't really bother trying to hide it anymore.
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

KindaSkolarly could have saved the time for the cut and paste and just directed us to the website the material came from.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/o ... democrats/

Although a plagiarism check on Google turned up two other sites with the same wording, so I can't swear it was this one.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

I don't think it's plagiarism, Wayne Allyn Root is an extremely erratic columnist and therefore is featured in many right wing publications. I recall a piece he wrote a long time ago when he was desperate to prove that the economy under Obama was an unmitigated disaster despite positive GDP and years of job growth. Root had to dig very deep and came up with the concept of comparing economic data only for the month of January going back a long time and found some sort of anomaly during the Obama years that supposedly proved his point. (I don't recall the details, it was something bizarre like "For the last 12 Januaries the average was X, but in the last 2 Januaries it was only X-10%.) I'll leave it to Professor Marks to determine the validity of comparing one month of economic data per year going back years in time...

Here's a summary of a few of W.A. Roots' favorite conspiracies.
Obama Both Did And Did Not Attend Columbia University
Obama ‘Cut His Afro’ To Become The ‘Manchurian Candidate’ meant to take down America from within
Obama Is A Sociopath Who Will Kill Us All, possibly with Ebola-ridden terrorists
Obama Wants A Race War So He Can Impose Martial Law
Democrats Win By Voting 10 Times Each
Somebody Is Blackmailing John Roberts

Well, we can see how those words of wisdom turned out - why does Root still have a column?
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

Plagiarism check is just teacher-speak for typing in a long quote to see if it shows up on a Google search. Didn't mean to accuse anyone.

There are no serious critiques of Obama's economic policy that do not rest on some very strong assumptions about the effects of deficits and debt levels. Since the most respected opposition economists (e.g. John Taylor) who made predictions based on such assumptions have already been shown to have gotten the matter wrong, there is really no one whose work is respected left as a critic. There are still some critics of deficits in general, and some warning about debt levels, but they have no choice but to acknowledge that the conditions in the Great Recession justified at least the policies actually chosen while the Dems were in majority.

(Obamacare is a possible exception, but since it held down the growth of health care spending overall in the U.S., as the CBO forecast it would, the criticisms are not for overall economic effect).

By contrast, the critiques of Republican austerity choices rested on strong assumptions as well, and they have proved out as clearly as one ever gets in economics, short of actually making the other choice to see what happens.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

The swamp is now pushing for immediate war with Syria. The western-backed ISIS mercenary army in that country was a day away from utter defeat, Assad had an assured victory, and now we're being told that he gassed his own people. If the gas attack even occurred, then it was absolutely a false flag event. Assad's not stupid, and he wouldn't have done it.

So who benefits from the attack? The Deep State for one--the Bush/Clinton/Obama crime cabal that fronts for foreign banks, arms dealers, child traffickers and so on. The cabal needs to draw attention away from the heinous political crimes being uncovered by the Trump administration, so it's manufacturing a war.

Hopefully Trump will serve the will of the American people and say no to war. The press is now taunting, saying that he'll be a wimp and a sellout if he doesn't attack Syria, but he's stood up to 99% negative press coverage for a couple of years now. Hopefully he'll whiff the heightened level of bovine excrement attached to this latest fuss and issue stand-down orders. But he may have no way out of this one. I've never seen the special interests in Washington so unified on an issue.

The most level talking head sticking up out of the swamp at the moment sums things up pretty well in the video below:

insider.foxnews.com/2018/04/09/tucker-s ... conclusion

If you support this war then you are InSANE like McCAIN.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote: now we're being told that he gassed his own people. If the gas attack even occurred, then it was absolutely a false flag event. Assad's not stupid, and he wouldn't have done it.
You know it's a false flag event because Assad's not stupid? So Bush and Clinton and Obama engineered a gas attack in Syria? Whoa! Can I try some of what you've been smoking?

Assad has Putin where he wants him. Since he knows he can get away with scaring the bejiminies out of rebel civilians, he is happy to stick his finger in the American eye and score points with his Iranian backers in doing it.
KindaSkolarly wrote:Hopefully Trump will serve the will of the American people and say no to war. The press is now taunting, saying that he'll be a wimp and a sellout if he doesn't attack Syria, but he's stood up to 99% negative press coverage for a couple of years now.
I think Trump does care about the American lack of appetite for putting troops into Syria, as did Obama before him. I'm not sure he is resistant to the negative press coverage, since this time people who supposedly are on his side are pushing for war. He does seem to care about what the conservatives say. Of course, if Fox News be for him, why should he care what the others say?

On the other hand, he can make a big show of putting Bolton in his place by resisting the call for involvement, and I am guessing he cares even more about that than about what the right wing press says about him.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

Washington is unified in its push for this war. Washington is also unified in its fear and hatred of a populist president. There is a chance that Trump could, next month, end the Korean War, denuclearize N. Korea, and reunify N. & S. Korea. If he does that, the world will know that he did it on his own, with 99% opposition from the politicos in his own country. He would become the greatest US president in modern history. But the bureaucracy that runs Washington and wants to draw a paycheck after Trump is gone can't allow that. They want to get rid of Trump now, before he has the full backing of the thinking American public. So, the swamp (Deep State, Shadow Government, Bush/Clinton/Obama cabal, whatever you want to call it) is driving him to authorize war. Even the Pentagon wants this war. Trump is talking tough, but hopefully that's just a bargaining ploy. Maybe he's just buying time. He genuinely cares for America, and launching WW3 would be bad for the country.

Hatred of Trump is not a good enough reason to support launching WW3. Believing the lying media arm of the U.S. government is not a good enough reason to support launching WW3. The west's ISIS army was about to lose Ghouta and thus the war, so our media manufactured a fake gas attack. The same as it did last year when Trump announced a draw-down.

People who support this war are insane.
Murmur
Internet Sage

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:If the gas attack even occurred, then it was absolutely a false flag event. Assad's not stupid, and he wouldn't have done it.
Complete insanity.

Return to “Current Events & History”