• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Who ruled heaven on this day. God or Satan?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Flann 5
Nutty for Books

Re: Who ruled heaven on this day. God or Satan?

Unread post

Gnostic Bishop wrote:As you have seen, my focus is the immorality of the Christian creed and I spend a lot more time on this than proving where Gnosticism came from because that really has little bearing on todays oppression of women and gays from Christianity and Islam.
Well for starters people become Christians when they hear and respond to the message of the gospel which in fact is good news.I don't think you will find anyone saying they were forced to become Christians.
There are various churches and people are born into them but the biblical teaching is that a response to the gospel is what makes people Christians.
That's a choice people have to consider and make for themselves.
So people including women think this is a good choice to make and we recognise that we have a moral problem which God can help us with. We see sin as enslaving and Christ as liberating.
Now you might think that women should feel oppressed in being Christians but it's hardly for you to tell others to feel what they apparently don't feel.
As far as gays and oppression is concerned it's undeniable that the bible teaches that it is sin just as adultery and fornication are straight sins.
Contemporary western society in the majority disagrees with the bible on this and so do you.
I don't personally agree with extremist groups or churches vilifying people because they are gay and I don't think it's a Christian attitude.
We are all sinners from a biblical standpoint and that kind of hatred is itself evil by that standard.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

LisaRose64
No input about the subject :?
I suppose I would be remiss if I do not contribute some thoughts;

I think that GB demonstrates the contradictions that are part and parcel of the conflict of epistemology.
His style is his style, one either accepts it, as it is, or questions whether there was some sort of childhood trauma.
Flann 5
Nutty for Books

Unread post

Taylor wrote:I think that GB demonstrates the contradictions that are part and parcel of the conflict of epistemology.
His style is his style, one either accepts it, as it is, or questions whether there was some sort of childhood trauma.
Hi Taylor,
Well he's morally outraged by a lot things like religions and governments. I guess he'll just have to tell us why he's angry if he wants to and as he presents it,this is because of morally bad systems and people.

Whether churches should have charitable tax status is a reasonable question and certainly Jesus wasn't funded by the Roman emperor.
As for prosperity gospel preachers if they get tax breaks as charities then that's a sick joke. I don't know if they do. I'm reminded of the line by Fagin in the musical Oliver. "Charity's fine subscribe to mine. You gotta pick a pocket or two!"
Come to think of it that song could be the anthem and hymn of that whole 'word of faith' movement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VogHwP0C5VY
Last edited by Flann 5 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Flann 5 wrote:
Taylor wrote:I think that GB demonstrates the contradictions that are part and parcel of the conflict of epistemology.
Hi Taylor,
Well he's morally outraged by a lot things like religions and governments. I guess he'll just have to tell us why he's angry if he wants to and as he presents it,this is because of morally bad systems and people.

Whether churches should have charitable tax status is a reasonable question and certainly Jesus wasn't funded by the Roman emperor.
As for prosperity gospel preachers if they get tax breaks as charities then that's a sick joke. I don't know if they do. I'm reminded of the line by Fagin in the musical Oliver. "Charity's fine subscribe to mine. You gotta pick a pocket or two!"
Come to think of it that song could be the anthem and hymn of that whole 'word of faith' movement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VogHwP0C5VY

What this is about in America is the rise of religious intolerance by a new religion (humanism) that claims it is not a religion, for the purpose of political and social influence.
It's a religion that wants to completely abolish the religious tolerance that has been part of America's identity.
Their prophets are good at political speech which they try to masquerade as something else.

Why all the disdain toward religion? The answer can be found by reducing each person's hyper intolerance to a psychological state of mind. It's embedded in some negative emotional experience that person endured at a very young age, or is still experiencing in adulthood.
Gnostic Bishop
Just realized BookTalk.org is awesome!

Unread post

Flann 5 wrote:[
quote="Gnostic Bishop"]As you have seen, my focus is the immorality of the Christian creed and I spend a lot more time on this than proving where Gnosticism came from because that really has little bearing on todays oppression of women and gays from Christianity and Islam.
Well for starters people become Christians when they hear and respond to the message of the gospel which in fact is good news.I don't think you will find anyone saying they were forced to become Christians.
Try ExChristian .com and see how many were forced by family.
There are various churches and people are born into them but the biblical teaching is that a response to the gospel is what makes people Christians.
Not so. Most blindly follow daddies religion and never consider the actual creed. That is why statistics are showing non-believers as more educated in theology that believers who never think of it or read their own bibles.
That's a choice people have to consider and make for themselves.
So people including women think this is a good choice to make and we recognise that we have a moral problem which God can help us with. We see sin as enslaving and Christ as liberating.
He isn't doing too well in the most Christian nation in the world. The U.S.. Where jail and abortion stats are the highest in the world.
Now you might think that women should feel oppressed in being Christians but it's hardly for you to tell others to feel what they apparently don't feel.
Feelings be damned. It is good justice that I seek. Not to make women feel better.
As far as gays and oppression is concerned it's undeniable that the bible teaches that it is sin just as adultery and fornication are straight sins

Your bible also says the snakes and donkeys can talk. Do you really want to get your morals from a book that is obviously a book of myths?

Why your you trust a genocidal son murdering God who is obviously immoral?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... Y8fjFKAC5k
Contemporary western society in the majority disagrees with the bible on this and so do you.
Show where I made any statement on adultery and fornication.

You have nothing to show so recant please.
I don't personally agree with extremist groups or churches vilifying people because they are gay and I don't think it's a Christian attitude.
I am pleased that you are not a gay basher but if you were not, you would not call what they do a sin.
We are all sinners from a biblical standpoint and that kind of hatred is itself evil by that standard.
Would that also apply to God?

If we are all sinners as you say, then that is our normal and for your God to punish us for being normal would be quite immoral. Right?

Or do you punish your children when they act in a normal way?

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Unread post

As you all can plainly see by my topics, it is the morally repugnant parts of the creed that I go after.

The Church never hurt me personally. In point of fact, I owe it quite a lot and making it better is how I see my duty and a good way to pay it back.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Many Christians are too bias to recognize their own immoral tenets.

Regards
DL
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Gnostic Bishop wrote:As you all can plainly see by my topics, it is the morally repugnant parts of the creed that I go after.

The Church never hurt me personally. In point of fact, I owe it quite a lot and making it better is how I see my duty and a good way to pay it back.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Regards
DL

Well you're definitely infected by some sort of meme.

Regards,

ant
Flann 5
Nutty for Books

Unread post

Gnostic Bishop wrote:The Church never hurt me personally. In point of fact, I owe it quite a lot and making it better is how I see my duty and a good way to pay it back.

O.k Bishop I can accept that you believe you are dispensing wisdom to recalcitrant Christians. I'm not convinced you are the Lord though, even if you have had an apotheosis.
I guess you see yourself like one of those fiery old testament prophets who must get us on to the right path again.
You've thrown out a lot of stuff here but if you could focus on that question on evolution and morality I would appreciate it.
LisaRose64
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Gnostic Bishop: You are nasty person. You must has some type of attention problem. You can't debate one item without jumping to next. You sucker people in with passive --aggressive behavior. You sir are a child. You went from talking about God and sacrifice To now women rights and gays. When you don't like an answer that someone gives, with backed up documentation you run like the wind to another issue. And if someone doesn't answer you quick enough, you act like a child, stamp your feet, throw a tantrum. And insist that you are right. You did this to me. Sorry, I have a life too. I will get back to you as soon as possible. I had asked to debate you, once again you ran like a bully when someone stands up to you. You need a complete thought without your raving. Your not interested in other opinions. Your argumentative. I finish elementary school, your read to graduate. :yes:

Have a sense of humor when things get to heated. You must be a pip to live with.

:calmdown:

Lisa Rose

Lisa Rose
Gnostic Bishop

Unread post

ant wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:As you all can plainly see by my topics, it is the morally repugnant parts of the creed that I go after.

Regards
DL
Well you're definitely infected by some sort of meme.

Regards,

ant
What is more important to religion than morality?

Regards
DL

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”