• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Who is reading or plans to read this book?

#27: June - Aug. 2006 (Fiction)
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Re: Who is reading or plans to read this book?

Unread post

I had planned to read the book. Now I'm not so sure. The last week has been really hard on me -- a lot of stuff dredged up from the past -- and I'm thinking this particular book may not be conducive to putting everything back into a manageable order. But we'll see. A week from now it may not bother me anymore.
sgorr
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I've read this book and look forward to re-reading it and re-reading it and re-reading it.

It moved me in a way hardly any other book ever has and I love talking to any and everyone about it!
docxen
Getting Comfortable

read it an i really enjoyed it

Unread post

This book is not my usual fair but i really enjoyed it. It was very moving. I know a young girl who lost her father (my sister's niece) and I kept imagining her when the daughter came back to see her dead father alive. It was the first book in a long while to move me to tears. I read the unabridged version and i did think the language was such that i would not imagine anyone under 16 at least to read the book but it will be one when my niece comes of age i would recommend to her.
KestralN
Official Newbie!

Unread post

This was a great book! I cried and laughed and just enjoyed it overall. I will definitely re-read it!
tbarron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Wearing Out Library Card

Unread post

I'm in. Don't have it yet, but I've read several things about it that have intrigued me.
grammaonthehill

Unread post

I plan to read the book. Our library has a reserve list for it.
becki_uk
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I read this book a while ago and I absolutely loved it :) It's a really good book and I'd recommend it to anyone.
vetwriter
No End in Sight

Unread post

I have to admit that I saw the movie, and after seeing the movie, I was a little disappointed in the storyline. Movies usually do not live up to the novels they were based on, but regardless, it made me not want to read the novel.
To find out more about both myself and the books I have written, please visit: http://www.virginiafrazier.webs.com
becki_uk
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

It's advisable to read the book before seeing the movie, though the movie is only based on the book and it's usually different and full of cinematic effects. I suppose it could be compared to watching different versions of a movie- they're all different but based on the same storyline.
booklady
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Please tell me the title and author of the book and I'll give you my answer. :wink:

(I don't see the info. anywhere in this thread.)
Booklady

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
Nelson Mandela

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
George Carlin

“A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.”

"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

"When I hear somebody sigh "Life is hard" I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

You never truely understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother. --Albert Einstein

Return to “The Time Traveler's Wife - by Audrey Niffenegger”