• In total there are 14 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

What will Harold Camping say after May 21, 2011 when the Rapture doesn't occur?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.

What will Harold Camping say after May 21, 2011 when the Rapture doesn't occur?

Poll ended at Sun May 22, 2011 1:42 am

After May 21st he will admit he made an error and is not sure where he went wrong with his math.

No votes
After May 21st he will admit an error but suddenly see his error and change the date so the waiting game can continue.

37%
After May 21st he will claim it HAS happened in a peculiar way that only him and select people can perceive.

16%
Before May 21, 2011 he will bump the date back after "discovering" a small error is his math.

11%
Harold is over 90 years old and probably won't live till May 21, 2011.

No votes
After May 21st Harold will take his own life in embarrassment or in an effort to create his own Rapture.

11%
After May 21st he will keep his mouth shut in embarrassment and give no explanations or excuses.

16%
Other - explain your prediction.

11%

Total votes: 19
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: What will Harold Camping say after May 21, 2011 when the Rapture doesn't occur?

Unread post

(author) Katelyn wrote:People aren't going to listen to him again.
I really hope you are right about this, but I have a sinking feeling that many will listen to him, over, and over and over again. The more dates he gets wrong, the more money that goes into his bank account.

After the May fiasco a mother died and her children contested the will of their mother. The mother left $300,000 to Camping in her will. The siblings felt that if their mother knew that the world was NOT coming to an end, she would have NOT given Camping the money. Kids lost, will was upheld.

Hmm, if mom gave Camping money because of the coming of the rapture, does this mean that mom believed Camping would not have been saved and would still be alive to spend the money after the rapture?

None of this makes sense to me, thankfully!
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: What will Harold Camping say after May 21, 2011 when the Rapture doesn't occur?

Unread post

What a terrible waste.

Sad.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
(author) Katelyn
Experienced

Unread post

I agree. With both of you. I pray that people won't be that foolish again. READ THE BIBLE PEOPLE!
Katie
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

I pray that people won't be that foolish again. READ THE BIBLE PEOPLE!
Wait a minute, if you don't want people to be foolish then why in the world would you advise them to read the Bible, which, is a book full of errant foolishness from cover to cover???
(author) Katelyn
Experienced

Unread post

Because the Bible is not foolish, it is not a book of lies. Why would you read any book, anyway? They are fake. Lies. Fake people. Fake places. Fake time. Even if the Bible wasn't true, which it is, what would be the difference?
Katie
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

No, some books are full of factual truth. Other books are part true and part false. While others are entirely false. Technically, the bible is partially true and partially false. Some of the people and places are real while others are entirely mythological. But all in all, there is a steady stream of foolishness running throughout starting with the two creation accounts and moving forward...
(author) Katelyn
Experienced

Unread post

And WHO is mythical? Sorry, but every single detail in that book is true. You are very sadly mistaken. I feel bad for adults that are blinded to the truth. I mean, I'm 13 and know more than you. Wow. That's big.
Katie
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

Lets start with Adam, Noah, and Abraham. Which do you KNOW are real? Please provide the evidence for their existence. The best efforts of archeaology have yet to find any such evidence:

Last edited by tat tvam asi on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
(author) Katelyn
Experienced

Unread post

I told you I'm not watching vids. They are real. God wiped away any evidance. Even if he didn't I thought you said the earth is a million years old. Wouldn't it be buried underneath all the dirt that's pilled up after all that time?
Katie
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I agree. With both of you. I pray that people won't be that foolish again. READ THE BIBLE PEOPLE!
Read the KORAN Katie you freaking infidel!

:twisted:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”