• In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

We Never Went to the Moon

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I'm almost done with The Big Con, today perhaps I'll finish it. Then it's on to Manufacturing Consent. I'll go create a thread right now.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

Cosmo - and anyone else interested, we have searched and searched for this and at last we've found it. A mention of the Russian Moon Landing.

TV Clip from 1969.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9BAP3cO ... re=related
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
Brotherska
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

Ok. I have not researched this, but like everyone else on this planet, I normally believe what I hear or read or sense first, unless I have conflicting ancillary information on the issue.

Re-examining the evidence could be a time consuming task, and I do not have the time to not only go thoroughly examine, but authenticate all of those videos. How about a simpler means of verification?

With all of the telescopes around at the time, did anyone track the rocket to the moon? If yes, then that would seem convincing enough and the debate could end. If no, then why not, and another relatively simple means of verification should be sought. Given our limited time on Earth, we should strive, in the first instance, to keep it simple.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Well, reporting in from here in England, Brotherska, Jodrell Bank, did definitely track it and record it. Or I'm a Dutchman!!! :laugh:

Lovely to hear from you, btw.

Pen
x
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

Rafael Sabatini
Brotherska
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

Well Penelope, if that can be verified, then that should be the end of that.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Brother (in the Carribean) :smile:

It won't be the end of it......because until we begin to love and trust one another....we don't believe anything the other one says.

However....we have the internet....and we can get to know each other on forums, with no political agenda...like this.

And I, for one, am very pleased to meet you.

I was worried (and laughing) that you might not understand the phrase 'Or I'm a Dutchman'. It is just an English Idiom or saying.

We might say....The sun will come up in the morning...(or I'm a Dutchman).....which I obviously am not....I'm an elderly English lady.

PS - I wish I were in Barbados just now!!! It's sunny but a bit cold here.

Rafael Sabatini
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

Brotherska, good post;

"Re-examining the evidence could be a time consuming task, and I do not have the time to not only go thoroughly examine, but authenticate all of those videos. How about a simpler means of verification?"

Your sentences feel as though they're carefully crafted, deliberate and delicate. Either English isn't your first language, or you're an author. Well, I already know you're an author, but before that I thought English may not have been your first language.
Brotherska
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

Thank you Interbane.

My mother tongue is English, and I was taught Spanish, French, and Latin at secondary school. However, I have written many Engineering reports over the past 20 years, and they had to be precise. Why? Because Engineers, and other professionals, are personally liable for any quantifiable damage that may result from persons following their advice.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

Cosmo, your parents aren't your true parents. They have been decieving you since they adopted you. It's a conspiracy. Furthermore, you're trapped in a reality show similar to the Truman Show, except that you can go anywhere you'd like. I'm not supposed to be telling you this, so keep it a secret that you now know.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Interbane:

Sometimes people just 'need' to say things, to get it off their chests, so to speak. This is a good place to do it.

It is therapeutic and does no harm. ;-)

Rafael Sabatini

Return to “Current Events & History”