• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

I just found a story of mine online

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

I just found a story of mine online

Unread post

Somebody just told me that one of my stories from a couple of years ago is online:

http://themissingslate.com/2014/03/29/i ... fend-thee/

I thought that the piece was being published in a print-only agreement, but I guess not. So that's the lesson here, quiz those magazines about the electronics. Once they digitize it, who'll ever want to pay?

Anyway, I still like this story. It kicks around a gnarly social issue and has some suspense.

And the prose is pretty clear and to the point. I've read some great writing and some crap, and I just try to hit somewhere in between. If I produce great crap then I'm doing okay.

I'd forgotten about the drawing they paired with this story. It doesn't make sense, to me. Doesn't illustrate anything in the writing that I can see. And they put the artist's name before mine, so it looks as if...what...we co-authored?

Magazines drive me nuts. They listen to you and then they forget that they listened.

Anyway, that's my story on this story. I thought somebody here might get a kick out of it.

Return to “Author's Lounge”