• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

PLEASE help write this email message everyone!

#5: Nov. - Dec. 2002 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: PLEASE help write this email message everyone!

Unread post

This "global brain" concept reminds me of how much "pantheism" annoys me. Pantheists view nature and the whole cosmos as divine. What a weak and meaningless concept.If the universe and nature are not an actual entity, then what is the purpose is calling it divine? I love nature and studying the beauty and grandeur of the cosmos, but I recognize that there is nothing sentient, caring, or divine about it. Nature is indifferent. Nature cannot be anything but indifferent.Should we pray to a rock? Are rocks divine? Meaningless mumbo jumbo to me.So this "global brain" must be a concept, and nothing more. Surely Bloom isn't going to build an argument that this interconnectedness is an actuality...a physical connection between all of the subcomponents of the universe. Or is he?Chris Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 10/30/05 4:09 pm

Return to “The Lucifer Principle: A Scientific Expedition into the Forces of History - by Howard Bloom”