• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Political Compass

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Political Compass

Unread post

I know there's been controversy about political compass, but have you guys taken a run at trying it out and seeing the results:

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -1.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.28

I couldn't get the graph to load, but it put me left of center -1.5 and bottom of center -3.28 in the liberal libertarian quadrant. I consider myself centrist mainly. Sometimes either just left or right of center depending on the questions asked.
Last edited by tat tvam asi on Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Re: Political Compass

Unread post

I also took a Pew quiz. The quiz can be taken here: http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-typology/

They placed me with the New Era Enterprisers:
This relatively young, economically conservative, Republican-leaning group tends to be relatively moderate on immigration and views about America’s engagement with the rest of the world. Most say U.S. involvement in the global economy is a good thing and that immigrants strengthen the nation. As is the case with other GOP-leaning groups, a majority of New Era Enterprisers reject the idea that racial discrimination is the main reason many black people are unable to get ahead. Nearly two-thirds favor societal acceptance of homosexuality. New Era Enterprisers are less critical about government than other Republican-leaning groups.

Return to “Current Events & History”