• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Molly28
Almost Comfortable

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

I've been given two huge bags of Stephen King books. I started Under The Dome last night :)
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Just finished reading "Alexander Hamilton" by Ron Chernow. Yes, that is the book the Broadway musical "Hamilton" is based on. Currently about 2/3 of the way through "The Eighth Science Fiction Megapack," a collection of short stories and novellas. Just started "The Reason for God" by Timothy Keller. Next on my list: "Walden" by Henry Davis Thoreau, and "Miracle at Philadelphia," by Catherine Drinker Bowen, about the Constitutional Convention of 1787. I have been meanng to read these last two for years, just never got around to it.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Molly28
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I'd forgotten that Stephen King's Under The Dome is way better than the TV show :)
ksyfullah07
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Harry Potter and The Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
Hey guys,
I am Khaled, a passionate blogger,enthusiast who loves to read. I tried to write some poems when I was 18 for my lover and failed to impress her :) and after that decided to reading and left any kind of literature writing(I am happy with that!!).

My blog: http://www.bookscivil.com

Enjoy your day.
Thanks
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

I just finished Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance. The author grew up in the Appalachian culture in a town near me, then got into the Marines and from there graduated from Yale law school. So he has been a part of quite a few American sub-cultures and has interesting things to say about all of them.

Currently reading The Terror Years: From al-Qaeda to the Islamic State by Lawrence Wright. This is a collection of some of his magazine articles that have been updated, quite good...
madameskye16
Official Newbie!

Unread post

A woman named Don't by Alex Bench

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/659237
MReuel
Official Newbie!

Unread post

The Fencing Master by Arturo Perez-Reverte, the fourth book of his I've read this year so he's quite addictive.
Author of the horror adventures 'Not Far From Aviemore' and the upcoming 'A Nighthawk's Legacy', as well as being a champion of Robin Hood's existence.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/654423

@MichaelReuel
stephentrayner
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Re-reading the "Midnight Mayor" series of books by Kate Griffin...if you love a bit of contemporary urban fantasy I would urge you to give them a go...and in Matthew Swift she has created a real everyday MC, who just happens to be a sorcerer, oh and also cohabiting with another entity. Good insight into London and its environs and the history of the city too
lelik
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Series about Odd Thomas by Dean Ray Koontz
Murmur
Internet Sage

Unread post

Various board games' rules.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”