• In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Hamijimashita! (Nice to meet you!)

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Juun
Official Newbie!

Hamijimashita! (Nice to meet you!)

Unread post

I'm June! and (obviously) Female! I live in Texas! I enjoy reading, learning Japanese, and PC usage. I'll give most books a chance, but I have particular interest in SciFi, Fantasy, and Fiction. I look forward to (finally) having people to talk about books with!
~June :D
Last edited by Juun on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
kelstan

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Re: Hamijimashita! (Nice to meet you!)

Unread post

Welcome Juun, nice to meet you.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Hi Juun, welcome to Book Talk, but please don't downtalk my home state. I was born in Texas, and have lived most of my 70+ years here. I also like sci-fi; just finished reading a David Brin novella, "The Crystal Spheres." I think you would like it. I could give more recommendations, but not knowing what you have already read, I hesitate to do so. Though I have some Japanese friends (whom I haven't seen in years), I'm afraid my command of the language is limited to sushi, tempura, gyoza, and other foodstuffs. I used to represent a Japanese lady who owned a restaurant, and dined there many times. Love Japanese food.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Juun
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Cattleman wrote:please don't downtalk my home state
Sorry, I honestly didn't think anyone would be bothered by it. I have removed the offending word, and I greatly apologize.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Apology accepted. :) Maybe I came on too strong, but I have spent much (but not most) of my life outside Texas, and have had to defend it from self-proclaimed 'superior' locales. Texas is the land of cattle and oil, yes, but also of computers and international trade. We have several wordl-class universities (and I am not talking about football), are the second largest state - in both population and area. Now I must apologize for bragging. :blush:

I take it Texas is not your state of birth. May I ask your point of origin?

Regardless, welcom to Book Talk. :D
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org, June. :-)

If you want to talk bad about a state talk about Ohio. That's where I'm from and it is a bleak and depressing place...to me. :-)
Juun
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Cattleman wrote:I take it Texas is not your state of birth. May I ask your point of origin? Regardless, welcom to Book Talk. :D
I'm from Oregon. And thanks! I really appreciate all of these people welcoming me!

Return to “Everything Else”