Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 1655 Location: Hampton, Ga
Thanks: 254 Thanked: 325 times in 248 posts
After reading the book, please answer:
1. To what degree do you think Hobbes influenced the Founding Fathers? What aspects of his political philosophy, if any, contributed to the Constitution? (If you're not from the U.S., please describe how Hobbes' influenced your particular country's constitution, if at all.)
2. How relevant do you think Hobbes' philosophy is today?
3. To what degree does our current state of affairs represent Leviathan?
4. What part of the book do you most agree with?
5. What part of it do you most disagree with?
6. Would the country be better if we subscribed to Hobbes' philosophy?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum
BookTalk.org is a thriving book discussion forum, online reading group or book club. We read and talk about both fiction and non-fiction books as a community. Our forums are open to anyone in the world. While discussing books is our passion we also have active forums for talking about poetry, short stories, writing and authors. Our general discussion forum section includes forums for discussing science, religion, philosophy, politics, history, current events, arts, entertainment and more. We hope you join us!