• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 758 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

Lost Memory of Skin, Prt. 4; chapters 1-4

#104: Jan. - Feb. 2012 (Fiction)
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Lost Memory of Skin, Prt. 4; chapters 1-4

Unread post

LOST MEMORY OF SKIN

Russell Banks

Part four, chapters; one, two, three and four
Damifino
Intern

Re: Lost Memory of Skin, Prt. 4; chapters 1-4

Unread post

These 4 chapters are pretty exciting. I think the Prof is a total nut job. And a big fat liar just like the Kid said. I'm not falling for this secret spy nonsense. He is using the Kid.

If the Kid has any wits about him, for payment of handing over the DVD to Gloria he should have the Prof somehow make it known that the Kid is not a sex offender.

Can't wait to read some more.
Tigerlily22
Master Debater

Unread post

I am not sure that the Prodessor will be able to help Kid with his sex offenses because he has already there has already been legal action with a conviction. I am not sure that Kid deserves to be on the list for the rest of his life, but that is besides the point. He has committed this crime and been charged.

I also would like to know if helping the offenders with housing and employment would help them from committing further crimes. This may be a way to help with the rate of criminals in prison as well as the amount of homeless individuals living in unliveable conditions around the town.

Both the Professor and Kid think about suicide in this section and Kid mentions that life is not worth the effort anymore. I wonder if, with all these secrets possibly coming out, the Professor may feel the same way. Kid thinks about himself as someone who can only react. If someone feels powerless to act on their own without having something happen to them, it can create a sense of powerlessness and would definitely cause a depression in the person.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

Tigerlily......it's kind of a which came first the chicken or the egg? Are they depressed because of their situations or did they get into their situations because they are depressed?

Return to “Lost Memory of Skin: A Novel - by Russell Banks”