• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

I'm Back

#116: Feb. - April 2013 (Fiction)
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

I'm Back

Unread post

My poor little beloved Acer Aspire One died on me. I had tried to backup the files in one swell foop with a Memory Alpha external drive but only figured how to do it after hours of looking for an apparently non-existent 'backup' command. By then it was 11pm so I decided to wait until the next day. Guess what, the next day it wouldn't boot. I would say it was chuckling at me if it hadn't ruined it's motherboard.

Oh, well, $50 to tell me it wasn't worth it to fix. Now the parts are sitting on my desk. I did manage to get a dump from the hard drive after all and I had been a good boy and had my important files on thumb drive backups. Still getting used to taking orders from a new computer is a pain. The neural interface does not seem to be working. I may have Reg stop by to help when he is finished with Gordi.

I have lost a bit of continuity as to where we were and what I have posted but I will try to regroup.

Once again I thank all of you who are participating in whatever form.

stahrwe
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.

Return to “The Man Who Was Thursday - by G. K. Chesterton”