• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Ch. 14: Talking to the Ex-Mormons of the Future-Today!

#123: Sept. - Nov. 2013 (Non-Fiction)
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: Ch. 14: Talking to the Ex-Mormons of the Future-Today!

Unread post

tayman0522 wrote: You can choose to enjoy the fruits of living a life of faith,
exactly what are these fruits and why can't non-believers have them?
tayman0522 wrote:or you can choose to go your own way.
can't i go my way and still have the fruits?
tayman0522 wrote:Your free agency cannot be taken away from you, not even by God.
really? God can't take away my free agency? (which God?)
tayman0522 wrote:But understand that you will have to live with those choices...
as the believer will have to live with theirs...

come to think of it we all have to live with the choices of many people, which is why we sometimes attempt to influence some of the choices our fellow humans make.

i wish lot's of people would stop interpreting their own religion as a fact.
Mahree
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

You can say that the responsibilities of children have changed, although some still go to the pastures to work. Farm life still exists. Back in the day, kids still did crazy things, still got hurt. that is not a new phenomenon. The population has grown and there happens to be more kids available to get in trouble. There are more things to get in trouble with. Everyone loves to go back in time as such a perfect example how people conducted their lives. It's a copout for the present times, blaming these changes for the outcome of your child. Today we have thousands of activities for children to be involved in. Endless things, good things, educational, physical...... There is no way in hell anyone can convince me that brainwashing your child in a religious cult is the best way to go.There is nothing that exists that you can use to sugar coat the wrong in religious domination.
"The Kennedy Half-Dollar" is an eclectic and unconventional true crime memoir.
The story is about a young woman, Seely, that finds herself caught in a nightmare with the Hawaiian Mafia. Her coworker is found dead in a cane field one morning and from that point on, Seely tries to escape their clutches. After many years she is forced to face her connection.

There are songs posted throughout the chapters. Play the music while you read. It maybe hard at first, but after the second or third song, it seems strange without. I could not write without music. What isn't expressed in my words is still in the song.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

This has been a fascinating discussion. As I have said (probably too often), I lived in Salt Lake City. One of the reasons I requested a transfer was that my children were just coming of school age, and I was being pressured by the local Ward Bishop to all them to attend 'primary,' a sort of LDS kindergarten.

Later, while living in Kansas City, my wife and I allowed two missionaries to visit us. They were earnest, but when we did not buy in into their spiel, became frustrated. The visit ended with one asking us in a plaintive voice, "But what if it's true?" The 'it' being the Mormon message. I just looked a him and opened the door, allowing them to leave. Presently, I just politely ask any who show up at my door to leave.

Okay, a bit of time travel. While in Salt Lake, I naturally worked around many Mormons. When I questioned their beliefs, there were varying reactions. One friend (yes friend), another lawyer, and I had some good talks. Another who was an accountant, got very defensive, almost angry. I guess in many ways, the Mormons are like most folks, each is somewhat unique.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “The Complete Heretic's Guide to Western Religion: The Mormons - by David Fitzgerald”