• In total there are 17 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Addicted to reading

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Ella Lee
Official Newbie!

Addicted to reading

Unread post

Hi everyone
I'm Ella Lee from Cumbria in the north of England. For those of you unfamiliar with the country, Cumbria contains the area called the Lake District. I love reading!! and am looking forward to exploring some new books and finding some new friends to discuss them with. I'll start on the 2014 selections when they arrive.
Brooks127
Senior
United States of America

Re: Addicted to reading

Unread post

One day you're digging through the couch to find loose change to buy a book and the next you're selling the couch to make room for a bookshelf. LOL!

Welcome to the site. :)
Ella Lee
Official Newbie!

Unread post

That's very true Brooks! Thanks for the welcome.
Crystalline
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

Welcome! Hope you enjoy being here. I've published my first novel this February, and, if I may, suggest you may enjoy reading it. It has a little bit of WWII history, coming of age and romance: "Desire and Red Wine, A Life's Journey". See my website www.VictoriaNorvaisa.com
JESSICAANDERSON
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hey there, I am sort of new to the site too, also an author, nice to meet you
Ella Lee
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Nice to meet you both. I do a bit of writing myself and belong to a writing group, but it's quite informal and not too serious. Makes you appreciate it's not as easy as it looks though.
Crystalline

Unread post

I found writing to be hard, much harder than my painting, (www.VictoriaNorvaisa.com), you can see my artwork there. I paint mostly in watercolors, but do other media also. I can paint a picture in two or three days, depending on the subject matter. My book took me 2.5 years to write. And now marketing and selling it is easier than my art (no, I haven't sold thousands of copies - LOL). That's probably because a painting is priced anywhere between $150-$425, and my book is only $15.00. Sold 14 copies yesterday at a book signing event. I thought that was pretty good.
JESSICAANDERSON
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

that is pretty good for a first book, I've sold 1000 copies of all four of my books put together so I'm not doing bad but mine are at 3.99 an ebook copy
Crystalline

Unread post

Jessica, where can I find your books? What are the titles?
JESSICAANDERSON
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

amazon, barnes and Noble, all romance, kobo, Itunes, smashwords, if you go to jessicaandersonauthor.weebly.com and go to the links list there are links for every book to every store, but the titles are stealing a pirate's heart, mutiny of the heart (2nd of the stealing a pirate's heart series), Arriani (book 1 in the Rise of The Royal Elven series) and Lyali (book 2 In The Rise of the Royal Elven)

Return to “Everything Else”