• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 736 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:38 am

A somewhat different take on the post-apocalytic genre, perhaps with a broader appeal

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
markmcnamara
Official Newbie!

A somewhat different take on the post-apocalytic genre, perhaps with a broader appeal

Unread post

Hello, all-
For those who have an interest in the post-apocalyptic genre, I've recently published my debut novel "An Empty Land of Plenty." This is definitely not a "gear-list" story where every excruciating detail (including brand and model #) of the water purifiers, etc. is described at length, but instead details the journey of a number of survivors who are left after a space-born pandemic sweeps the Earth. There's action, adventure, sci-fi, and even some romance, hopefully a little something for everyone. The Amazon reviews have (so far, anyway) been 4 and 5 stars, and an issue I had with regards to several typos and an editing mishap have been taken care of.
(Note - never be your own copy editor/proofer, as your eyes go into "auto-correct mode. My mistake!)
I think that this novel's appeal extends well beyond the typical apocalyptic fiction reader, especially with regards to female readers, and their response has been especially encouraging. If you're interested, take a look over at Amazon, available in both Kindle and paperback. (The paperback is very well-priced.) Thanks for your interest! - Mark McNamara

Return to “Author's Lounge”