• In total there are 4 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Sen. Wellstone Dies in Plane Crash

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Re: Sen. Wellstone Dies in Plane Crash

Unread post

What a sad day. I hope they get the bastards!
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

yeah you wonder sometimes if the bastards will ever answer for their crimes.

i'd love to see bush and blair, cheney and rumsfeld, kissinger and so many others go straight to jail for life, do not pass go and dont collect another dollar, and i think thats being merciful...

but it seems people are their own worst enemy, it's like a global stockholm syndrome, how many broken promises before people say enough.. it seems until food gets scarce people will put up with anything.

look at the abuse the human race has copped lately... unbelievable, well we will see.
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Unread post

Well I think you're rather hard on people!
Last edited by Kevin on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

i suppose so, but it's just frustration at seeing year after year, decade after decade, of bankers and politicians etc leading people into needless suffering and never being brought to answer for the lies and deception that have cost people so much sorrow.

hopefully more people will become more aware and some kind of tipping point will be reached where lies are less readily successful. i think that process is well underway.

hey some of my favourite people are people :D
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Unread post

I (vaguely) recall someone commenting at the time that Wellstone was a liberal who actually liked people. I think that's a tough hurdle, personally, but to mitigate my disapproval I try to keep in mind that as we're living in a system that encourages domination, cruelty, exploitation and so on, as far as I'm concerned anyway, when people and politicians, not necessarily exclusive groups, engage in these things well it just goes to show, you know?
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

i'm not sure i'm understanding you Kevin.

murder is murder, lying is lying, whether you are a politician or not.

but when your death or the death of a loved one or the death of a stranger is committed and then purposely and systematically covered up by a smiling liar lying to your face while pretending to be a democratically elected leader then there is a HUGE PROBLEM that will not just go away.

if i said "sure i killed your family and stole all your money and got all my friends to help cover the whole thing up" "all the while i was giving the oration at the funeral and pretending to comfort you through your tragic loss" "also i got cronies to try and make you feel responsible for it all" you would likely as not respond with disgust that a "human" could sink to that sort of level.

well guess what... it's happened.

if i steal your money it's called theft and if i get caught i go to jail
if bankers steal your money it's called finance and they get more of your money to bail them out.

if i kill someone it's called murder and if i get caught i go to jail
if the govt kills someone it's called "intelligence activity" and nothing unapproved happens.

you see what i mean

a theif is a theif but the biggest thiefs in jail are only the amateurs the real theifs are running the world banks

a murderer is a murderer but the biggest murderers in jail are amateurs because they cant even claim to be in the same league as folks in govt agencies

hows this for murder and theft...
Number Of Iraqis Slaughtered In US War And Occupation Of Iraq "1,455,590"
Number of U.S. Military Personnel Sacrificed (Officially acknowledged) In U.S. War And Occupation Of Iraq 4,801

Number Of International Occupation Force Troops Slaughtered In Afghanistan : 3,173

Cost of War in Iraq & Afghanistan
$1,372,464,848,251
if you can watch this from beginning to end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhjDLn7O ... 5sZGMaCDjQ

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P0oBseWMRQ

or better yet do your own research as it's not hard to find out how we have all been had.

Return to “Current Events & History”