• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 756 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:41 am

YouTube - Optimizing Exposure

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
JeremyBenson
Gaining experience

YouTube - Optimizing Exposure

Unread post

Here's a tip that I'm sure many of you haven't heard said before. I'd like to share it, so that you can possibly benefit from it yourself.

If you're a writer with a YouTube channel you may have book trailers, and samples of writing, set to video and music. This is a great idea. Now you've heard that you should be active in a community to gain maximum exposure, right? Has anyone really told you where you should be active?

There are many authors out there, and artists, with YouTube channels of their own. Many of the most famous actors, writers, and companies, have their own YouTube channels to advertise their work. You should consider commenting on the videos of famous people, as you never know when potentiality important people will see your comment, and check out your channel.

Remember, they often check out their channels to see what people are commenting, and if your comment is on the front page at the time there's a good chance that they've read it.

That's right Ozzy, Brittany Spears, and other famous people may have read your comments and you wouldn't even know. Someone famous could be thinking about right now.

Comment constructive, spam free, positive, comments on their channels, and videos. You never know when a publisher may check out your channel and see your trailers.

Hope you like this tip, and it helps you in the future.
Check out 'Philosophies of Self-Publishing: Better Business' a truly unique read for self-publishing enthusiasts.
Amazon USA
Amazon Canada
Also my site:
http://www.jeremy-benson.com
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: YouTube - Optimizing Exposure

Unread post

excellent point JB!

i did get a big grin from
JeremyBenson wrote:That's right Ozzy, Brittany Spears, and other famous people may have read your comments and you wouldn't even know.
Ozzy and Brittany in a supergroup, that's a gig i wouldn't miss for the world :D
JeremyBenson
Gaining experience

Unread post

Haha, I actually got the idea while posting on an Ozzy video lol.....

I'm guessing Ozzy would bite her head off at the end?
Check out 'Philosophies of Self-Publishing: Better Business' a truly unique read for self-publishing enthusiasts.
Amazon USA
Amazon Canada
Also my site:
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

JeremyBenson wrote:I'm guessing Ozzy would bite her head off at the end?
:lol: i can see the press conference now

Ozzy: i thought she was a bat actually.... a big blonde bat!
JeremyBenson
Gaining experience

Unread post

Lol, Would be something. 8)
Amazon USA
Amazon Canada
Also my site:

Return to “Author's Lounge”