• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

You can kill people just by thinking of their...

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: You can kill people just by thinking of their...

Unread post

When I said, "a plague to society" I meant something a bit more extreme than simply one who is disliked by most. KKK members aren't a plague to society. Most people consider them to be extremists and relatively dangerous, but as long as they aren't following through with their extremist views and actually lynching blacks....they're entitled to their bigotry.On the other hand, if a KKK leader has been found to be responsible for hundreds of lynchings, deep in the woods of Mississippi, they are now a real problem. I would rather they be caught by the law and made to stand trial. But if given the choice to push a button and kill this individual I would probably break my finger pushing the button. And this is assuming their guilt is not in question (through magic...just like the "button" is magic). So please don't tell me that I cannot be sure the person is really guilty...we "know" they are.Pushing that button and killing them will save hundreds more of innocent blacks. Pushing a button and killing Saddam and Osama could potentially save thousands of lives. To not push the button would be rather sick in my opinion.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Kryptik

Unread post

Just enjoying the question in itself, I would say yes. I'm not going to try and defend anything, except that I believe there would be a lot of good that could come from that ability.One thing that really worries me...There is a Chinese lady whom I always talk to when I do work at her building. She always says Good-Bye Good-bye to me when I leave. If I die after she says that, I'm coming back to haunt you all..mainly Chris. :-P
jauggy

Unread post

Well if they die of natural death is it immediate? If so then I would use it for self defense. Thoughts on atheism & Christianity
Niall001
Stupendously Brilliant

Hell Yes!

Unread post

Of course. But I wouldn't keep it secret. Simply by proving that you had such an ability, you could change the world without actually having to use it. I'd use it to force every disgusting little dictator to give up the day job.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: Hell Yes!

Unread post

And the twist with me, as I would use this power with abandon, would be me ending up all alone. Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy PiperEdited by: misterpessimistic  at: 10/19/06 9:38 am
Saint Gasoline

Unread post

You might as well simplify the question to "Would you kill a person?"I would use this power in the same scenarios in which I would feel it justifiable to kill a person normally: self-defense scenarios, scenarios where the person being killed is evil or dangerous and would cause a lot of harm to others, and so on.

Return to “Everything Else”