• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Yet another intro

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Katala Au

Yet another intro

Unread post

Hi everyone, I was really excited to come across this site, as most of the books you've looked at are ones that I have intended to read "sometime in the near future" for a few years, and would love to get that extra motivation to read them more immediately! I have read a few, including the Demon Haunted World and The Red Queen, and am a fan of Ridley, Pinker, Damasio etc. My (real) name is Nicole, and I am currently a psychology (post)graduate student in Denver, although I am an Aussie and am going back home to continue study in about 6 months. I'm studying ev psych and neuroscience, although I feel like a real beginner in both areas. That's about all I can think of for now, looking forward to chatting/posting with y'all...Cheers,Nicole
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Yet another intro

Unread post

Hi Nicole Welcome to BookTalk! I hope we can serve as that little bit of motivate you need to dig into those good books. Knowing I will have the opportunity to chat with the authors is usually enough to get me to open the books and start reading. Perhaps this will work for you too.The Demon-Haunted World was a great read, and in April I'll be talking to Carl Sagans widow, Ann Druyan, about chatting with us sometime in 2004. Cross your fingers.Anyway, welcome to the community. I hope you can attend some of the chat sessions we have every Sunday and Thursday. Check out the Calendar page for information. Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Katala Au

Unread post

Hi Chris, Thanks for the welcome! I think you're right about chatting to authors providing motivation. On that note, I just got your e-mail about Jared Diamond, and I would definitely be game to read Guns, Germs and Steel sometime soon (which I have bought but still not read...story of my life!). I'll definitely try to make it to some chat sessions, although I'm not sure about my availability on Thursday nights at this point (at least before 8pm MST). Nicole
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Bad moderator didn't get to your intro until after the chat, but it was still nice to meet you and WELCOME aboard If you make yourself really small, you can externalize virtually everything. Daniel Dennett, 1984

Return to “Everything Else”