• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Wow! Check out this Wikipedia entry! How immature and psycho

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Wow! Check out this Wikipedia entry! How immature and psycho

Unread post

I can't sleep so I'm reading about Pluto no longer being considered a planet. As I bounced from one web site to another I came across this page on Wikipedia. Someone is really not happy about the International Astronomical Union deciding that Pluto is a dwarf planet.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Wow! Check out this Wikipedia entry! How immature and ps

Unread post

Interesting new definition for "planet" as set by the International Astronomical Union:a planet is a body that orbits the Sun, is large enough for its own gravity to make it round, and has "cleared the neighborhood" of smaller objects."Clearing the neighborhood" is an actual term that seems to mean that the object has enough mass/gravity to clear the neighborhood around it's orbit of other bodies...in other words everything in the neighborhood got sucked into it (accretion) already due to its gravity, or flung out and away. My wording sucks, but this should make sense.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Wow! Check out this Wikipedia entry! How immature and ps

Unread post

I see they fixed the page.

Return to “Science & Technology”