• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Would you rather skydive or have a finger...

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Would you rather skydive or have a finger...

Unread post

Would you rather skydive or have a finger amputated?Results (total votes = 9):Meet me at the airport!&nbsp9 / 100.0%&nbsp I don't need my pinky anyway!&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbsp "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Peter Dunning

Re: Would you rather skydive or have a finger...

Unread post

Sky dive of course.The next question should be:Would you rather be forced to choose between skydiving or having a finger amputated or not be forced to choose between skydiving and having a finger amputated.Answer; not forced to.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I wonder if anyone here has actually sky dived or plans to. How about have a finger amputated?Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Massive Poster
United States of America

Unread post

I would only have my pinky amputated if I was becoming a member of the Yakuza.
AirPrang

Unread post

I've planned to sky dive but missed out on a social club activity owing to a family emergency - my friends and colleagues had a blast. I didn't miss a parascending trip, which while not quite the same thing (no jumping out of planes necessary) is a good way of testing fear of heights/trust of parachute in a fairly harmless way. My vertigo and I enjoyed ourselves immensely.I'd rather not lose a finger even if joining the Yakuza. No subtlety, that sort of statement. Tomorrow, in my experience, is usually the same day.
pctacitus

Unread post

Where's my 'chute? ...[T]o ignore the classics is ultimately to weaken the very foundations of our society. - James Atlas, Book Wars: What it Takes to be Educated in America
jeffazi

Unread post

What a weird choice. I guess for those who are really afraid of heights the finger option might be the way to go, though. jeff

Return to “Everything Else”