• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Will you be watching Sopranos and/or Entourage?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Will you be watching Sopranos and/or Entourage?

Unread post

Will you be watching Sopranos and/or Entourage?Both HBO series start on Sunday, April 8, 2007. Sopranos is from 9:00 pm eastern to 10:00, while Entourage directly follows and is only 30 minutes long and ends at 10:30.Watching the Sopranos has almost become a ritual for me and my father. Every Sunday we get together and watch some sort of HBO series. Whether it be Sopranos, Entourage, Rome, Lucky Louie, Carnivale, Deadwood or Big Love....we enjoy the heck out of it. I am in awe of HBO and their ability to put together one top-notch series after another. If it has the HBO name attached it is bound to be good.So is anyone anxiously awaiting next weekend's premiere of Sopranos and/or Entourage?Results (total votes = 4):I'll be watching Sopranos!&nbsp1 / 25.0%&nbsp I'll be watching Entourage!&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbspI'll be watching both Sopranos AND Entourage!&nbsp1 / 25.0%&nbsp I'll be a complete loser and not watch either.&nbsp2 / 50.0%&nbsp 
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Re: Will you be watching Sopranos and/or Entourage?

Unread post

I guess Ill have to be a looser, I simply don't care about the behind the scenes lives of actors (even fictional ones)And the Sopranos is dull compared to my own family history.Later
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

I'll be joining you as a loser, Frank. I don't have cable. I've never even heard of Entourage.I am, however, tempted to rent the Rome series that you all are raving about. I like some of HBO's stuff that I've rented. They did a great job on the Angels in America mini-series.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I'll be watching Sopranos! I wouldn't miss it!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

He held his nose shut!
Dissident Heart

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!

Unread post

Tony killed Christopher. Forced him to suffocate in his own blood. Was he doing Christopher a favor, saving him from some greater future catastrophe (the infant car seat impaled by the tree limb as foreboding tragedy)? Was he eliminating a constant worry and risk, a weak willed dim witted drug addict who showed his true feelings toward Tony in his horror film debut? Both?What about the dumping of the abestos laden material into the wetlands? The mindless assault of the Somali man on the bike by the frat boy thugs? As AJ says, "If you're paying attention, how could not be depressed...the whole damned world is fucked up!"How about Tony in Vegas a la Carlos Castaneda and the peyote trip?Directions I never anticipated. I did not expect Christopher to go out like this. Great stuff! Edited by: Dissident Heart at: 5/16/07 12:58 am
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

You nailed it, Dissident. I am already planning out the rest of my night to make sure I am on the couch at 9pm! I wish we all lived close together. How cool would it be to have homemade spaghetti and meatballs at my place for the finale?!
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

So what did you guys think of the Sopranos finale? I have heard a few different interpretations and opinions. I have heard that Tony was killed. I have heard a lot of grumbling about the sudden end. I liked it. Tony and his family lives to deal with more of the ups and downs of life. I felt that it wrapped up a lot of loose ends, but kinda led you to the understanding that it's the same shit, different day. The old problems are worked out, but new ones are rearing their ugly heads. I much preferred this ending to the ending of Seinfeld.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

They left it open so that you can fill in the blanks yourself. Or maybe they left it open in case they want to do a movie or future season. But I didn't like the ending one bit. I thought something was wrong with my DVR when it went black. Because the credits didn't roll for like a full minute. I guess they thought that was powerful, but all it really did was confuse us.

Return to “Everything Else”