• In total there are 51 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Why settle for a lesser evil? Have you let Cthulu into your life?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Vishnu
Intern

Re: Why settle for a lesser evil? Have you let Cthulu into your life?

Unread post

No, wait, I got it now, just had to change cookies.

And I must say.... aaaaahhh-hhhhhaaaa-hhhhhAWESOME!!!!!!!

You wouldn't mind if a friend of mine used that as the background for his youtube channel, would you?
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

That's cool.

Just have a link to that channel here, and a link from that channel back here.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Vishnu
Intern

Unread post

Can do. That friend I speak is, of course, GodAlmighty. A few of his subscribers have bugged him that he needs a background to his channel instead of plain old grey. This one will fit him perfectly, and I'm sure he will oblige to link it and give you the credit. Thanks in advance.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

For GodAlmighty?

Sure thing. I really dig his videos, and if he gets a kick out of what i do, then that's all good.

Once i get a look at his channel, i could design a version of this that will fit the youtube layout better, as well.

Sometimes you end up with the videos laying right over top of the interesting parts of an image.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Vishnu
Intern

Unread post

Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Cthulu was cut off from the way it paneled on his channel.
Vishnu
Intern

Unread post

Did you scroll down? The image repeats, and I can see Cthulhu just fine. Did you really think a little thing like a channel layout could hinder our lord from revealing his glory?
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Unread post

That's a great picture, you need to start selling those
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Unread post

Contemplating the pantheon of the last supper - Johnson's picture centred on Cthulu at http://www.booktalk.org/gallery/image.p ... mage_id=86

Leonardo Da Vinci's painting of the last supper also conceals a wealth of pantheistic imagery, notably the correlation between the twelve apostles and the twelve signs of the zodiac - see here for an interpretation, running from Pisces at the left to Aries at the right. Many of the bodily gestures of the apostles map directly to the shape of the zodiac constellations, especially Judas with his dagger as a model of the stars of the scorpion's sting.

The theme of the relative power of the gods in the pantheon is the main idea of American Gods by Neil Gaiman, which we discussed here before.

The Christian insistence that there is no pantheon is intensely disrespectful, even racist, towards other cultures. Well done Johnson for setting out a new order of Gods. I had not heard of many of them before. Baron Samedi reminds me of Hank Williams.
Last edited by Robert Tulip on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Bump.

It's a bust on the 77" monster print i was going to do.

Local framers can only hit 60" before having to break the image into multiple panes.

I will have to celebrate Cthulu's malevolent magnificence on a smaller scale.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”