• In total there are 48 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 47 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Why doesn't God cure Melvin Inocencio's bone cancer?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: Why doesn't God cure Melvin Inocencio's bone cancer?

Unread post

Forgive me, but It's hard to take you serious when you're telling people they're mentally ill.

If religiosity is a meme, and having that meme is the equivalent of having a mental illness, and civilization has come this far largely due to a mental illness evolution selected, then I guess we know which meme it is that's been the most beneficial to the most dominant species on the planet (no offense to insects, especially cockroaches, intended)

Metal illness has been relatively successful enough to defeat the "evil" that exists in nature. With some help, of course.

We can agree on that, right Chris?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Isn't belief in something without any logical reason to believe in it delusional thinking?
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:Isn't belief in something without any logical reason to believe in it delusional thinking?
You mean like belief in stuff like wormholes, mutiverses, vibrating strings, love, the number zero, and when someone tells me their t-shirt is the color green?
Yes, I don't think there is a logical reason to believe in something that's neither concrete, nor has concrete evidence attached to it. It's delusional to consider stuff like that existing.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:Seriously, that's really odd that you do.
Maybe you can esplain why.
Start a new thread if you want the answer. I won't dodge or evade like you're doing here.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Interbane wrote:
ant wrote:Seriously, that's really odd that you do.
Maybe you can esplain why.
Start a new thread if you want the answer. I won't dodge or evade like you're doing here.
I ain't gonna role out a red carpet for you, bruh.., do it yourself.

How can I evade something I neither deny nor understand??!!

Dork.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

I get home from dinner, spend some quality time with my dog and enter my favorite forum, which I see is up to form.
This thread is a throw back, it reminds me of a few years ago when I mostly just lurked on Saturday mornings. It would take me hours to read through the discussions.
One of the saddest ventures is to be in a children's hospital ward, every emotion becomes manifest.
The question" Why doesn't God cure Melvin's Inocencio's bone cancer" is proselytizing through a sort of shame, tagging with delusion, is to me some sort of insult that I just do not get, I understand that as defined delusion fits, but is it truly appropriate, I used to be the sort who described theist as suffering from mass delusion, but I no longer do, I am surrounded by people of faith, to me there just to normal or at least there's no real difference between them and I.
They believe in God, I think different. How much can they be off?.
The proselytizing I mentioned, Its like chest thumping, Just as the question of evil is like chest thumping, rationally, I repair boat engine's, if an engine wont start I check to see if it has voltage in the start circuit, if it does, good, So then I'll check to see if its starved for fuel, and on the process goes until symptoms are addressed, then we look for cause, correct that and the job is done, now I collect my fee, and its on to the next.
No where in there is the concept of evil even considered, Why would it?.
How does the vagary of good and evil come to dominate so many seeming rational lives?
Proselytizing and lamenting are not going to ease that kids pain, that I think can be done by chemistry.
Its plain to see.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Flann 5, I'm not going to dissect your last post. It will prove a fruitless endeavor as we have very different communication styles and my issues are more with your wording than the message.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

I'm God, I get the credit for all the good.

you are all sinners, all of you born in sin from adam on down, so you lot get the blame for all the bad.

seems fair to Me :wink: :-D

where do you little pricks get off daring to question me?

blame that bitch Eve and that fucking Snake :lol:

Melvin who?

Melvin Inocencio!

Inocencio!

that's gotta be a trick name

Innocent my ass, that little sinner has it coming, just like the rest of you who object to my supreme Lordship :-D

now excuse me while I go and find a christian to bless :lol:

God signing off, see you at Armageddon :clap:

*1 (any resemblance to God or Gods living or dead is purely coincidental :wink: )

*2 (no God was harmed in the making of this post)
Last edited by youkrst on Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flann 5
Nutty for Books

Unread post

youkrst wrote:Melvin who?

Melvin Inocencio!

Inocencio!

that's gotta be a trick name

Innocent my ass, that little sinner has it coming, just like the rest of you who object to my supreme Lordship :-D
This is just a rant and a distortion of biblical teaching. Are healthy children on a biblical worldview not descendants of Adam and Eve?
So why on your reasoning is God not "punishing" them?
I don't know the answer in any specific case as I don't have the mind of God, but you seem to think you can distort biblical teaching and then rail against it.
Do you think that children object to God's lordship or that God thinks that they do? I guess children are all signed up members of militant atheist societies.
So why on your logic doesn't God just torch all these adult atheistic societies and their buildings as they would seem more obvious targets?
Chris OConnor wrote:Isn't belief in something without any logical reason to believe in it delusional thinking?
I would agree that belief without logical reason would be delusional, Chris. Theists believe that there are logical reasons to believe in God.
But here's are a question? How on the atheistic worldview do you justify the existence of immaterial,abstract and universal laws of logic?
That's a problem. www.youtube.com/watch?v=anGAazNCfdY
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

Flann wrote:So why on your logic doesn't God just torch all these adult atheistic societies
well according to your logic, give it time, give it time :wink:

but let's not change the subject, ahhhh God as subject at last :mrgreen: other peoples God's have been subject for ages but ours has mysteriously avoided this fate, perhaps the tide is turning homeward at last.

Flann asks: So why on your logic doesn't God just torch all these adult atheistic societies?

youkrst (amongst others) asks: So why on your logic doesn't God cure Melvin Inocencio's bone cancer?

He won't do it! WHY?! what could be stopping Him, c'mon Lord you can do it... YOU CAN DO IT!!

ooooh apparently not, maybe we'll have to have another think about it Lord.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”