• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Why do you come to BookTalk?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Kate Fremont

Re: Why do you come to BookTalk?

Unread post

I'm interested in books and discussions that can present me with new ideas for consideration and which can help me refine my own thoughts and opinions. I am also pleased to discover a community here that differs from what I usually find at home: People whose only interest is to talk gossip, sports, or fluff TV shows. No doubt somewhere in my area there are people who think over issues and ideas and keep an open mind, but perhaps they have learned to keep their thoughts to themselves, as I have, to avoid rejection and isolation.When reading I often find myself wishing I could share or discuss a passage from a book, if not the whole book, and would like to learn of other books and authors through a reciprocal exchange. The people I know, however, have no interest in books of substance, and while fluff reading and entertainment are fine once in a while, I get to hungering for something more meaty and challenging. BookTalk sounds like a wonderful place in which such wishes can be fulfilled."Everything that Mr. Smallweed's grandfather ever put away in his mind was a grub at first, and is a grub at last. In all his life he has never bred a single butterfly."--Charles Dickens, "Bleak House"

Return to “Everything Else”