• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

who is satz?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Medway53

who is satz?

Unread post

Hi there! I am satz, though Ezboard says someone else is...it may well be the same version of Me in another dimension that left me a copy of Fabric of Reality in a men's lavatory in K-L airport last year, just to make sure I read it, but it may be another version of myself altogether.I'm interested in Pinker's book for the same reason I've read Red Queen and Tangled Wing: to see where we start being humans and stop being animals!I am a fan of Pinker's book 'The Language Instinct', and will look out for this one. Meanwhile, I wonder if anyone anywhere really believes in a 'blank slate' anyway [I do like another member's use of the term Bland Slate!]Don't we all accept inheritance and 'genes' as providing a rather fulll slate from the outset? If we take Locke as the beginning of this train of thought, and Hume as its continuation, I think we have to consider Kant's answer seriously: that we are conditioned by our human categories of perception: time/space and causation, for starters...
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: who is satz?

Unread post

Medway53Welcome to BookTalk! I look forward to discussing The Blank Slate, and other booktalk selections, with you on the forums. How did you hear of us?Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Medway53

Re:satz

Unread post

Hi Chris: nice board you've got going here! Para over at Spaceless.com/chat.html referred me here...i think she has a site on ezboard.I'll be contributing as much as I can .Keep up the good work.satz [can't you rescue my log-in for me?]
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Re:satz

Unread post

MedwayThanks for the compliments! I'm not sure what you mean by "can't you rescue my log-in for me?" I don't know your password if thats what you mean.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Medway53

Re: Re:satz

Unread post

Chris, I mean that the ezboard computer says someone already has the log-in 'satz', which seems unlikely! is there anyway cou could tell it that I alone am the real satz?

Return to “Everything Else”