• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Which field of science interests you the most?

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Which field of science interests you the most?

Unread post

Which field of science interests you the most? Results (total votes = 23):astronomy&nbsp4 / 17.4%&nbsp biology&nbsp6 / 26.1%&nbsp geology&nbsp1 / 4.3%&nbsp physics&nbsp4 / 17.4%&nbsp other - explain&nbsp8 / 34.8%&nbsp 
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Which field of science interests you the most?

Unread post

I voted astronomy, but evolutionary biology is a close second. Physics is fascinating, but the math is too difficult for me.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Chemistry. It all breaks down to chemistry. Before I left college, that was my major.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.Once you perceive the irrevocable truth, you can no longer justify the irrational denial. - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
riverc0il
Senior

Unread post

Though it may be considered a "soft" science, Human Behavior fascinates me (thus my college education in Psychology) so anything relating to Psychology, Sociology, or Anthropology interests me very much.For the hard sciences, I guess I would go with Geography/Geology since I love the outdoors so much and am always interested in how mountains formed and the weather and those types of things.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Do I have to pick one? Biology is probably at the top of my list. Astronomy would be pretty close. I majored in psychology, so that is definitely up there too. Archaeology fascinates me. Physics makes the list too. I have often toyed with the idea of studying evolutionary psychology. A major like that would cover archaeology, biology, and psychology. A little bit of physics and chemistry would probably get thrown in to the study of evolutionary psych. as well. Maybe one day...
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

I voted for geology, but I could just as easily swing towards astronomy. And actually, given that my focus recently has been on the history of science, astronomy probably should be in the top position, it having been instrumental to the evolution of modern science and the prevailing worldview.But for the most part, I expend much more energy learning about the so-called "soft" sciences -- that is, to the humanities which have lately gained new energy by gleaning bits of method from the physical sciences.
Greg Neuman

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Unread post

I voted for astronomy, but like Chris I have to say that evolutionary biology comes in a close second. There is no science that I don't find interesting, but subjects like SETI and evolution will always have a special place in my heart. I suppose that a desire to understand life and its origins is at the core of my interest in science ... and attaining such an understanding does not necessarily begin or end here on Earth.G "Dear Buddha: Please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket."- Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity
the hive queen

Unread post

I love all the science fields listed, with the addition of the "soft sciences" (psych, anthro, soc.) and earth sciences (and meteorology). Basically, if it answers "why" or "how", I love it. "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching." -- Keller WilliamsEdited by: Chris OConnor  at: 4/17/06 9:04 am
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Hey Hive!Nice to see you back around!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.Once you perceive the irrevocable truth, you can no longer justify the irrational denial. - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
fyvel

Unread post

Biology. My first degree was a major in Biology and my second degree was in Nutrition (kind of a subset of biology). All VegetarianThis is boring!

Return to “Science & Technology”