• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

When I die I wanna be....

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

When I die I wanna be....

Unread post

When I die I wanna be.... Results (total votes = 13):Cremation and then placement in an urn &nbsp1 / 7.7%&nbsp Cremation and then spreading of the ashes &nbsp6 / 46.2%&nbsp Burial in the ground &nbsp1 / 7.7%&nbsp Burial at sea&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbspI'm donating my body to science &nbsp5 / 38.5%&nbsp 
marti1900

Re: When I die I wanna be....

Unread post

Actually, I don't plan on dying. I plan on being the first person to live forever.Marti in Mexico
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Sorry Marti, I already called the first person to live forever thing... Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I don't like the idea of having my ashes sitting on a shelf or fireplace mantle. I guess spreading them somewhere would be fine, but I'm not a very superstitious or spiritual person. If I'm dead what is the point in spreading the ashes? But still it seems to be the best choice. Spread them somewhere that has meaning to those people I leave behind.Chris
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Put me in the composter! The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I voted for creamation and the spreading of ashes. To me, having the ashes sit in an urn is comparable to burying. I just don't like the idea of grieving over remains. I creamated my mom and spread her ashes in the ocean. This is what will most likely happen to me when I die. The only way that I would change my mind is if the person dealing with my remains felt passionately that it would somehow help him/her to bury me or keep me in an urn. However, that person would have to agree to allow me to do as I pleased(creamate)with their remains. You may think that this all sounds crazy, but if one is not religious, wouldn't it be right to consider the feelings of the loved ones living after your death?
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

How do you know if you're the first person to live forever?
scrumfish
Sophomore
United States of America

Unread post

I am going to donate my body to science. I suppose I would like the body to be cremated afterwards and put into a really ostentatiously ugly urn that I will leave to my least favorite niece or nephew so they have to look at it until he or she works up the guts to get rid of it. Really, I don't care that much. Isn't anyone else going to donate their body to science? I suppose my inspiration comes from 2 places...that is what my father is doing and one of my sisters plans to be a doctor. I think it's important to contribute to training doctors.Here is an article that caught my eye. This man wanted to be buried in the nude but his family wouldn't do it. I think it's too bad. They could have had a closed coffin funeral.
CSflim

Unread post

Marti and Mr.P, Ray Kurzweil has written a book you may be interested in, to help you achieve your goal of immortality:Fantastic Voyage : Live Long Enough to Live Forever ___________________Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?-Douglas Adams, Last Chance To See

Return to “Everything Else”