• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

When I die I wanna be....

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
marti1900

Re: When I die I wanna be....

Unread post

Actually, I just want to live long enough to be a problem to my children. Paybacks are a bitch.Marti in Mexico
tomiichi

Re: Stiff

Unread post

That's awesome someone else has read that book, Stiff. I have it, just got it a few months ago and will be reading it soon. I have a huge interest in dead bodies as I worked at a morgue for a while and was majoring in Forensic Pathology. My plans have changed, but still entirely interested in this science.
Rich206

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

cremated, rolled into a joint and smoked by six of my best friends...Actually, I don't really care all that much.
stillGEEBEE

Unread post

Just an FYI on cremation. The cremated body does not turn completely to ashes. Not at all.When my grandmother was cremated, I was the one to open the box. What I saw were many bone particles, and not all were small.I whispered to my Mom "They should have put Grandma through twice!"All surviving family member should be aware of this. It's not a fun surpise to find chunks when one expects to find ashes....LOL! "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."~ George Orwell If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.~ James Madison fourth U.S. President
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

As long as the chunks are of bone and not flesh I'll be fine.
Jade

Re: Stiff

Unread post

I've actually been working on a sorta masoleum that I wanted built.. a circle with 7 chairs facing inward for each member of my family when they pass, with slots underneath for the cremated ashes. When all 7 were filled up, the 2nd (my mother being the matriarch would never be ousted) remains would be pushed back furthur and the next dead placed on top. It sounds weird, but they do it in alot of crypts and such. Apparently though, it's really morbid for a 23 year old to be planning what will happen after her own death and the deaths of the people in her family.... That much being said, DO NOT ask your mum for a funeral planning kit for your 16th birthday. It will not go over well. Trust you me.

Return to “Everything Else”