• In total there are 4 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

What "should" be the age of consent?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

What "should" be the age of consent?

Unread post

What "should" be the age of consent? Results (total votes = 10):14&nbsp1 / 10.0%&nbsp 15&nbsp2 / 20.0%&nbsp 16&nbsp1 / 10.0%&nbsp 17&nbsp1 / 10.0%&nbsp 18&nbsp5 / 50.0%&nbsp 
tomiichi

Re: What "should" be the age of consent?

Unread post

I think 17. I remember when I was 17, I really wasn't home anymore and I made my own decisions by then. I know a lot of 17 year olds who are already on their own. I am aware that at 17 or 18 you are still quite immature and have much to learn, but there are many 17 year olds who are out in the world making their own decisions already.
JayRockit

Unread post

Should it be the same for both sexes?
MikeHouston

Unread post

Definitely no lower than 16. Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 9/27/06 9:20 pm
mmpruitt

Unread post

I am not sure there should be one... people mature differently; I know a 15 year old who would probably be a better mom at her age than a lot of 20 year olds I know. But, since there has to be one, 16 seems like the best bet. -Meghan"Are you alright? Yeah you're alright, you're alive!" -Garden State
Saint Gasoline

Unread post

There *shouldn't* be an age of consent, in my opinion. The courts should try to determine whether a person is capable of rational consent without using some arbitrary number that could potentially cost people their freedoms.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I think 15.

Return to “Everything Else”