Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
What's Your Favorite 'Bad' Movie? 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wearing Out Library Card

Post Re: What's Your Favorite 'Bad' Movie?
Avid Reader wrote:
Linda Hamilton (T2), who is one of my favorite actors.

Yes, she is one of my favorite actors as well.

The following user would like to thank R. LeBeaux for this post:
Avid Reader
Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:24 am
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Official Newbie!

Ok, I guess you could call Big Trouble in Little China classic Kurt Russell. Maybe I'm not getting the criteria for a "bad" movie.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:42 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Avid Reader:

Thanks for that English lesson. I assumed "actor" and "actress" had been accepted as substitutes for male and female "actors" to the point each had become standard, until the political correctness crowd horned in. You learn something new every day.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:10 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Almost Awesome

Platinum Contributor

dmalcolm wrote:
Ok, I guess you could call Big Trouble in Little China classic Kurt Russell. Maybe I'm not getting the criteria for a "bad" movie.

Oh, I was just yanking your chain. I think Big Trouble is quite a bad movie but I think Kurt Russell does an awesome job of parody of the tough guy, in this movie and in his Snake Plisken role, and so perhaps there is some redeeming value to his movies for that reason.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:52 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Well, this is turning into quite a trip down memory lane! I remember Killer Tomatoes, and the various sequels, (dear god, can you believe they actually made "Killer Tomatoes Eat France"?). Funny, though...the only actual scene I can remember from any of those movies was the one where the black guy went undercover in a horrible tomato outfit and blew his cover by asking for ketchup when they were cooking out around the camp fire. Looking at the movie poster, I am surprised to see it labeled as a musical?? I can't remember a single tune from it, aside from the opening song;

Attack of the killer tomatoes!
Attack of the killer tomatoes!
Something, something, something, whatever, something else, yada-yada-yada, repeat.

As for my own opinion on "Big Trouble in Little China", I've never considered that one a bad movie, even though some people seem to. :) In fact, it tends to show up on top lists when people do top favorite movies, or top favorite fantasy flicks, or similar such things. The humor has always been the perfect accompaniment to the fantastical elements of the plot in Little China. Plus, I've loved Victor Wong in almost every role he ever played.

As for Mr. Destiny, I remember watching it, but it didn't really ring my bells one way or the other. It was more or less a retelling of the old Christmas Carol tale, as I recall, but didn't stand out one way or the other. Was it really considered a bad movie?

Last edited by DamianLake on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The following user would like to thank DamianLake for this post:
Avid Reader
Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:04 pm
Profile Email
Cunning Linguist

James Vaught wrote:
Avid Reader:

Thanks for that English lesson. I assumed "actor" and "actress" had been accepted as substitutes for male and female "actors" to the point each had become standard, until the political correctness crowd horned in. You learn something new every day.

Happy to have been of service. :|

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:13 pm
Profile Email
Getting Comfortable

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, hands down...

Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:05 am
Profile Email

I have to agree with the post above that listed '80's horror movies'. I cant remember the title (and havent been able to find it since), but I remember watching one where a killer is after a group of teenagers. I'll never forget how he walks calmly down the stairs, the girls scatter and for some reason all five suddenly lose the ability to work the latch on the front door and so, of course, they are forced to find hiding places. One picks a closet, one actually runs around the crazy and goes back upstairs and sits next to an end table (facing the door) and covers her hands with her eyes. But my favorite? The girl who dashes toward the back of the house, stands in front of the sliding glass patio doors and throws herself through the glass rather than open the door and run. If anyone else has seen that movie, please let me know the title.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:09 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

Never mind

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:57 am

Thanks everyone for making a new member feel welcome. Between the email and this, I'm not sure this is the place for me. Much love to BootTalk.org, but I'm out.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:54 am
Master Debater

wilde wrote:
Snakes on a Plane. :P

I found that one quite okay... some of my mates hated it though.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:22 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Freshman

I don't know if this is considered a bad movie but "Rocky Horror Picture Show"

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:36 pm
Profile Email
Not latency, or power shortage, nor bedtime shall keep me from my appointed screed

Titanic. Terrible story, bad acting, and terrible reality of what happened. Yet, I contend that it's not about love or the Titanic, it's about art and beauty.

It has the most beautiful and tasteful nude scene in Hollywood history. Two of the most beautiful actors, and thedrawing was incredible

I've always wanted to throw the old lady and Bill Paxton overboard. They both stink :)

And I love Bill

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:09 pm
Profile Email WWW
Not latency, or power shortage, nor bedtime shall keep me from my appointed screed

James Vaught wrote:
Avid Reader:

The dictionary defines an actress as a female actor. Either is acceptable

Quote:
actress (n.) 1580s, "female who does something;" see actor + -ess; stage sense is from 1700. Sometimes French actrice was used.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:20 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
So many e-books my reader is overweight!

''Uncle Buck'' and ''Tremors''.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:40 am
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next