• In total there are 48 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 48 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

What movie scared you when you were a kid?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
smellincoffee
Official Newbie!

Re: What movie scared you when you were a kid?

Unread post

As a child, I hated having to watch Mufasa die in The Lion King and would leave the room everytime the movie approached that scene.
Seraphim
Gaining experience

Unread post

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory scared me. Well, not the whole thing. Just where the girl blew up into a giant blueberry. I don't know what it was about that scene, but I just couldn't watch it. We'd taped the movie off of tv, and I think I actually made my parents tape over it.
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic. ~ Frank Herbert, Dune
justanumber
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

when I was a child I wanted to watch horror films only. Otherwise, I didn't want to eat!
If there weren't bloody scenes they were "out" for me;D I'm not joking!
oh... and I watched them at night, when the atmosphere was more appropriate;D
One of my favourite horror films was "The evil dead" (usa 1981)
do you know it?
Last edited by justanumber on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Genocide
Intern

Unread post

You're intense.... I'm ashamed to say I was terrified of E.T. when I was little. Not my proudest moment. I also freaked out over Chucky the Doll. I love horror movies now, can't get enough...but back then I was such a little girl!
Dropping glasses just to hear them break.
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Unread post

:lol: I was scared of EVERYTHING as a kid. Now I can't get scared by movies, even if I want to. Disturbed, yes, scared, no. *le sigh* :-P
justanumber
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

bleachededen wrote:Now I can't get scared by movies, even if I want to.
I agree with you.
as they don't make me scare anymore, there is no horror film I can say I like
but I'd like to! ):
Seraphim
Gaining experience

Unread post

Genocide wrote:You're intense.... I'm ashamed to say I was terrified of E.T. when I was little. Not my proudest moment. I also freaked out over Chucky the Doll. I love horror movies now, can't get enough...but back then I was such a little girl!
Ooooooooh I forgot about those movies! I can't handle any of the Chucky movies. I guess it's the whole fact that I had lots of dolls growing up, and it's terrifying thinking they'd come to life and try to kill me. *eyes stuffed tiger in corner warily*
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic. ~ Frank Herbert, Dune
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

When I first saw Chucky, I believe I was 12, and I was at a birthday party. I pretended I really needed a drink and went to the kitchen and didn't come back for 20 minutes. I'm a total scary movie chicken and that hasn't changed much.
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski
justanumber
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Theomanic wrote:I pretended I really needed a drink and went to the kitchen and didn't come back for 20 minutes.
lol
poor thing!♥
Chucky didn't scare me, not even "IT the clown".. even if many people name it as their first nightmare;D
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

I never saw "It"... maybe that's why I've never had a problem with clowns. I am certainly creeped out by large dolls that seem at all Chucky-esque. :( But really any cheap scare tends to get me. In Will Smith's "I Am Legend" I thought I was going to have a heart attack and die - like for real - when he is about to go into the dark building. I'm a grown up and I'm scared of people in movies going into dark buildings! Really, really scared. O.O
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”