• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

What it was like getting my Goodreads author's profile.

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Brooks127
Senior
United States of America

What it was like getting my Goodreads author's profile.

Unread post

It took a while and some hoops to jump, as the process is a series of checks and balances, but I finally got a Goodreads author's profile. I am not complaining, only wanting to point out to other authors that the process will not happen overnight.

You will have to create an account and wait to be verified. After verification, you will have to upload your book title and info, and again wait for verification. It took me two days, but your experience might be shorter.

Goodreads is one of those sites that are moderated, so every addition, aside from profile edits has to be checked by an actual person. I like that feature, but again, it can be time consuming.

Further, I had to manually add my Amazon link to the first book I cleared, because I have not yet figured out any other way to make it link directly. To do this, I simply pasted my Amazon link into my book's description box. If anyone knows a better way, please share how.

Yeah, its a bit cumbersome, but I managed and you can too.

Here's my link http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/74 ... oks_Kohler
Last edited by Brooks127 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cbostic
Getting Comfortable

Re: What it was like getting my Goodreads author's profile.

Unread post

Brooks, you are absolutely right. It's definitely not a quick process. I'm sure it took me at least two days also.

There are sooooo many forums/groups on Goodreads too. It's definitely daunting when you first join.

I have no idea about a better way to do the Amazon link thing either. Sorry, I'm useless :( Just wanted to agree with your post :)
Brooks127
Senior
United States of America

Unread post

Actually the traditional way of throwing out a hyperlink seems to be the better way. People see it immediately instead of having to search for a button.

Are you an author?
cbostic
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Yeah, I write YA action/adventure.

I usually use the hyperlink whenever I'm posting in a thread looking for reviewers or doing a little promoting. Your initial post makes me wonder if I've put an Amazon link in my main author page. I'll have to check that out.

Return to “Author's Lounge”