• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

What is the scariest thing that ever happened...

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

What is the scariest thing that ever happened...

Unread post

What is the scariest thing that ever happened to you?I saw this thread subject on another message board and was amazed at the things some people had experienced. So speak up and share your scary stories.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: What is the scariest thing that ever happened...

Unread post

Damn, that would be awful Nick. For me...it was watching my friend get hit by a car when we were both about 9 years old. We were walking along a very busy road pulling our sleds in the snow approaching the intersection where we were planning on crossing. For whatever reason I turned to him to say something and noticed he was no longer next to me. I guess he decided to cross the busy road right there, at least 1/4 mile from the intersection.If you have never seen a human being hit by a car at over 50mph it is quite a horrific site. My friend shattered the headlights and windshield of the car, flew up over the hood and onto the windshield, rolled back down and landed in a bloody mess in the street.He was rolling around moaning and crying in pain. So I charged out in the street and almost got hit by another car myself. Everything seemed to stand still for a while.... during the time right before he was hit and up till a minute afterward. So guess what this weirdo did? I went out into the street and leaned over to me friend and said, "Hey, are you alright?" With blood coming out of his mouth he actually laughed and said, "No, I'm not alright. I was just hit by a car!" ROFL You had to be there. Hey, I was 9 years old...maybe 8. I was so freaked out.The rest of the story is simple. Someone got me into their car and raced to a nearby house to call the police. No cell phones back then. We actually drove up onto their lawn and skidded to a stop at their front door. It was a horrible experience and probably my most scary. He survived with about a dozen broken bones and internal injuries that took some time to heal.Chris Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 11/18/04 10:47 am
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: What is the scariest thing that ever happened...

Unread post

My friend was killed by a gunshot wound while standing only a few feet away from me.*See my story in the Academy - Lament of Sept 12 1988.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. PI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Everything Else”