• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

What is the first sentence of the book you are reading now?

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

What is the first sentence of the book you are reading now?

Unread post

What is the first sentence of the book you are reading now? (other than our quarterly selections)
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Re: What is the first sentence of the book you are reading n

Unread post

Here are the first sentences of the books I have with me right now -- all the others are in my car or at home:1. "East and ahead of the coast of North America, some thirty miles and more from the inner shores of Massachusetts, there stands in the open Atlantic the last fragment of an ancient and vanished land."2. "Tush, never tell me! I take it much unkindly / That thou, Iago, who hast had my purse / As if the strings were thine, shouldst know of this."3. "The train came out of the long tunnel into the snow country."4. "Not many years ago when I was an atheist, if anyone had asked me, 'Why do you not believe in God?' my reply would have run something like this: 'Look at the universe we live in....'"

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”