• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

What do you use as bookmarks?

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: What do you use as bookmarks?

Unread post

I exclusively use BookTalk bookmarks. They're the perfect size, full-color, glossy and quite attractive
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

I use "Last line" brand bookmarks.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

If anyone wants some free BookTalk bookmarks let me know.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I too, use BookTalk bookmarks. I also collect bookmarks and often buy them as souvenirs while on vacation. In addition to all of those bookmarks, I also use whatever happens to be near--a subscription card from a magazine, a post-it note, a torn piece of paper, an envelope, etcetera.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

Usually receipts. Probably about half of the books I have are currently marked for one reason or another. An intrepid anthropologist could probably trace my buying habits for the last six years if he went through the receipts I've used as bookmarks.
AntyNet0914

Unread post

I use whatever happens to be around....napkin, reciept, strange pieces of paper with scribble on it from god knows when....I don't like to earmark my books, for some strange reason. There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.
riverc0il
Senior

Unread post

sometimes i use receipts, but usually what ever paper i can find nearby the first time i start reading a book and decide to put it down.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

AntyNet0914: I don't like to earmark my books, for some strange reason.It isn't good for the longevity of the book, anyway. While reading Erwin Rohde's "Psyche" recently, I ran across a number of pages that had been dogeared by previous readers -- I had checked the book out of the university library. I tried to unfold the first few, but because the creases were weak, I usually ended up holding a disembodied triangle of paper. After that, I stopped trying -- no point in tearing up a perfectly good, and probably out of print, book.
scrumfish
Sophomore
United States of America

Unread post

Camel Cash. It's usually the only thing handy.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”