• In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

What do you do to keep and/or get in shape?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Massive Poster
United States of America

Re: What do you do to keep and/or get in shape?

Unread post

What the heck is the SAS? British Green Berets? Unless you have a long history of working out, this could be too difficult and lead to a quick burnout.I'm about to turn 50, so I'm interested in "anti-aging technology" (late mid-life crisis?). The body loses strength, flexibility, and aerobic capacity as we age, so I try to balance all three. I can jog (more like trudge) for an hour lift weights once or twice a week, and one yoga class a week plus miscellaneous stretching. Other anti-aging technologies I engage in with varying alacrity: drink lots of water, control alchohol consumption minimize sleep debt, mental exercize (like BookTalk!), and watch diet. This is not enough to excel, but perhaps enough to minimize decrepitude. Like others, I need to kick it up a notch. Unfortunately, Winter is a sluggy season for me and I already feel myself winding down... Any suggestions for that?

Return to “Everything Else”