Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:27 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page 1, 2  Next
What are your favorite games? 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Post What are your favorite games?
I'm personally addicted to "Garden TD" but the game appears to be broken. When you are on the very last level and you kill the boss the game pauses and you simply can never end the game. What a shame. Very cool game.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:37 am
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Diamond Contributor

Post Re: What are your favorite games?
I think Froglipz cheated on Top Banana. That game's driving me crazy. Just when I feel like I'm gonna peel that banana I discover I'm trapped. Drat Froglipz, 318 how'd you do it?

where n are natural numbers.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:18 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Book General

Silver Contributor

Well I'm addicted to Nile Tiles. I've been playing Mahjong for a couple of years now. I think I'm too slow at the start, it pays off with a win at the end, but I cannot beat Camacho's score! So although I am able to beat "it" I want to beat Camacho! I'm getting close though. Pres, how many times have you won the game?

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Diamond Contributor

I give up. Froglipz must be some kind of Top Banana Jedi master. Played the game twice for less than 2 minutes and got 318. At this point, even if I beat that my stat is going to be like 800 times and 500 hours.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:23 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Better Thread Count than Your Best Linens

Gold Contributor

LoL That was some kind of weird fluke. I can't even repeat it. I mean.....YEAH! I AM the Jedi Master!

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:39 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Intern

Chris, there are a few other TD games out there. None of them are as pretty as Garden Tower Defense, but they're out there. Don't we have a few?

I don't know which I like. I kind of like the De-Animation (is that what it's called?) one even though I'm rubbish at it. Same with Garden TD....

I'm both angry at you for having it put in and overjoyed. I think that's where I go to procrastinate now... that and stumbleupon.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Gold Contributor

I found at least one other TD since I started listing them, Gould TD It was challenging. I wouldn't mind an entire category of those. I have a Robot one on my phone, and I have played plants vs zombies which is like that too.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:09 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

I think David can add some new games to the ones we currently have. I'll talk to him. Maybe we can get some new tower defense games.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:26 pm
Profile Email WWW

Diamond Contributor

I think you can put a banner on Top Banana saying something to the effect of "Owned by Froglipz" I sincerely doubt that anyone will ever equal her score, which is perfect. Consider that the playing field is a grid of 18 by 18 tiles. that is a total of 324 tiles. 5 of them are Bombs and must be avoided leaving 319 tiles in play, and one of them is the starting tile which leaves 318 tiles to uncover. Froglipz score: 318

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:10 pm
Profile Email

Gold Contributor

LoL

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:21 pm
Profile Email

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

I'm going to give this game a shot soon. LOL

Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:11 pm
Profile Email WWW
The Great Gabsby

I love solitaire, all kinds - especially FREECELL + CRIBBAGE. Gin, Gin rummy, gin knock, 500 rummy, blackjack, poker. All kinds of Card games. My all-time favorite card game is "WHIST" with or without a kitty - makes no difference to me. I could play that game for a month straight without eating, drinking, sleeping or anything else, LOL.

I also love Board games - play a lot of chess, checkers, dominoes and mahjong. I very much enjoy Yahtze, Boggle, Text Twist, Hangman + Bejewled (all match 3 games). Love the Word games dearly.

I haven't done any of the arcade/video type games ever. The Nintendo, Super Mario, Ninja action games. After Pinball games died and Pacman came out that was the end of my arcade/action type games career.

Every time I find some downtime, I go online and play lots of cribbage, any kind of gin game, hearts, memory match, lots of freecell, poker, blackjack and any kind of rummy for card game sites. Then there's the board games: lots of mahjong and chess, checkers, dominoes, and I badly wish to learn Backgammon. And then there is the Yahtze, Boggle match 3 games, Scrabble, and WORD GAMES.

Hope that helps.

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
Nelson Mandela

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
George Carlin

“A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.”

"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

"When I hear somebody sigh "Life is hard" I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

You never truely understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother. --Albert Einstein

Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:50 pm
Profile Email

Gold Contributor

I played Canasta on pogo for so long almost everyone knew me... I must have burnt it out completely though because I never feel a yen to go there now. I love card and solitaire games, I also like puzzle (mind not jigsaw) and action games (Duke Nukem anyone?) I am really into word games too. Ok There are pretty much 5 games I don't like and the rest I am up for.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:09 pm
Profile Email
The Great Gabsby

Don't know how to play Canasta or another seemingly popular card game called Euchre. (Never heard of it here in New England.) Printed out the rules for the latter once and couldn't make heads or tails out of it.

I gave up trying to learn Backgammon on my own (went to some sites, read the rules, snagged some innocent victims and it was a disaster) and couldn't find anybody to teach me. Major bummer because it looks like so much fun. Maybe some kind soul here will do that someday if I am lucky. Crossing my fingers, arms, legs, toes and eyes. What a visual, heh. :-)

Thanks so much for reminding me about Puzzles. I knew I forgot something. Gawd, do I love puzzles! Especially JIGSAW ones. I found a site some years back and it was plum awful. I had to go to Rehab.

Every day in the newspaper I do the Cryptoquotes (LOVE THOSE), the Jumble and take a crack at the Crossword Puzzle. Never can finish those but I do try.

So, please add Puzzles including Jigsaw Puzzles to my reply to Chris's question: What are some of your favorite games?

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
Nelson Mandela

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
George Carlin

“A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.”

"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

"When I hear somebody sigh "Life is hard" I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

You never truely understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother. --Albert Einstein

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:52 pm
Profile Email

Diamond Contributor

My current favorite is
Box of Candy. It is a match/elimination game with a relentless time limit.
the patterns are challenging.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:33 am
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page 1, 2  Next