• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

What a great Father's Day gift!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

What a great Father's Day gift!

Unread post

My wife and kids got me the "Zelco" Bookmark Dictionary II!It is a wafer thin keypad with a small display that acts as a bookmark, calculator, clock, converter (length, area, volume...) and a Dictionary!I like it alot!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
marti1900

Re: What a great Father's Day gift!

Unread post

Happy Dad's Day, Dad! Sounds like a nifty little gadget. Now to find a source for cheap batteries, because I am sure you will give it a lot of use. LOLMarti in Mexico
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Thanks. Yes I will! Having a small dictionary around is a good thing.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

That does sound pretty cool. Chris
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

Having a small dictionary around is a good thing.No kidding. I've had to discipline myself to interrupt my reading long enough to look up the definitions to words I don't know or am unsure of. And that's only really convenient when I'm reading at home. Fifty percent of the time, I'm reading somewhere remote from any sort of dictionary, electronic or otherwise.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Mad:That is especially why I like this...portable as the book itself.A few years ago, I made a conscious effort to learn new words (thus my word of the day thread in the Roundtable). This helped, but ever since I started forcing myself to look up words while reading, my vocabulary has improved immensely. Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
marti1900

Unread post

It's a terrible habit to be reading along, all engrossed in the the content of something interesting, and to skip over a word or phrase just to keep the thread of the thought moving.Since I've been in Mexico, reading all those Spanish things, I've been forced to stop and look up words as I go since my Spanish is terrible. This has carried over into my English reading as well and now I find myself using my English online dictionary all the time. Marti in Mexico
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Yes Marti...And I find that this habit of looking up unfamiliar words has NOT distracted my flow and understanding of the material at all. In fact, I seem to be getting more out of what I read because of it, for once I understand the unknown word, I relate it back to the text that it was part of and thus hold the idea stronger in my mind.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

Here are a few of my favorite adjectives for you guys to look up:avuncularvenalslatternly
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I know 'venal' from the movie "Taxi Driver".Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Everything Else”