• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 758 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

Websites and covers

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
eleris
Official Newbie!

Websites and covers

Unread post

Hi everybody!

I've just joined this forum as I am about to finish my first ever novel (I'm in the revision stage) and I'm looking around at various forums to see what the next step is. Some of the threads on here have been very helpful. Thank you all.

I am English, but I live in Bogota, Colombia. I teach English for a pittance to children who don't want to learn. I've just been assigned a new class on the other side of town, an hour to get there, an hour back. I don't want to do it! Hence my post here. See, I am also a web designer. Unfortunately I cannot find work here as my Spanish is not fluent, so I am stuck teaching.

So my pitch to you all is this: if you need a website for yourself or your creations, I can do it! Very cheap, very fast, very high quality. A simple website could cost $25, plus hosting and domain name. It's a steal. Most simple designs, if you provide me with all of the information and an idea of the design, would be about $50.

I use an online sitebuilder called moonfruit (I am not connected to them in any way). It is the best option for a simple graphical website, and it is easy for the user to update.

Have a look at http://webdesignforindieauthors.com/ for more information. I can make an online shop, a facebook shop, put excerpts on your site using Scribd and much more!

You could also make a website yourself with moonfruit, it is quite easy when you get the hang of it, especially if you use one of the templates. Godaddy is another option, and Wix.

I don't know what the etiquette of this forum is regarding offering services, so if this breaks the rules then I'm sorry. I just thought some of you might need this service, and it would be a good way for me to get to know some of you, make some contacts in this self-publishing world and hopefully avoid anymore English lessons!

Let me know if it interests you, or if you know anybody who might need a website. I can also do book covers for a very good price. I am desperate! haha

Cheers!

http://webdesignforindieauthors.com/
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: Websites and covers

Unread post

Welcome aboard, eleris. Look forward to some interesting conversations.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
eleris
Official Newbie!

Re: Websites and covers

Unread post

Thanks, cattleman. I'm going to dive into the forums soon. Cheers.

Return to “Author's Lounge”