• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Continental Soldier: Siege of Boston, an Epic Poem of the Revolution

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
David Welch
Internet Sage

Continental Soldier: Siege of Boston, an Epic Poem of the Revolution

Unread post

NEW RELEASE! Now available for PRE-ORDER.

CONTINENTAL SOLDIER: SIEGE OF BOSTON

It had started at Lexington, and young Levi Dawson found himself swept up in the battle for freedom. Fighting alongside his neighbors, he’d helped drive the British all the way back to Boston. But wars are never won in a single day, and after the heady excitement of the first clash, Levi now finds himself stuck in a siege. With more big guns, and control of the sea, the British redcoats have no intention of leaving. With control of the land, and greater numbers, the militias of New England have no intention of letting them out of the city. Both sides are stuck in stalemate, and looking to break it. Levi finds himself caught up in these events, and soon begins to understand that wars aren’t gallant moments of bravery, but brutal slogs that can last for years, exhausting even the most ardent patriot. But with his betrothed in British hands, his father estranged from him, and his home town thinking him just above trash, what choice does he have but to keep fighting? There’s only one way forwards for this young man, and the nascent country, and that’s through pain, struggle, and determination…

CONTINENTAL SOLDIER: SIEGE OF BOSTON, available for pre-order on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C6LDYPMT?ref_=ast_author_dp

David Welch
Internet Sage

Re: Continental Soldier: Siege of Boston, an Epic Poem of the Revolution

Unread post

In time for the 4th of July, what started as a rebellion becomes a full-scale war in this epic poem adventure…

CONTINENTAL SOLDIER: SIEGE OF BOSTON, now available for PRE-ORDER on Amazon.
David Welch
Internet Sage

Unread post

NEW RELEASE! Now available for purchase!

CONTINENTAL SOLDIER: SIEGE OF BOSTON

It had started at Lexington, and young Levi Dawson found himself swept up in the battle for freedom. Fighting alongside his neighbors, he’d helped drive the British all the way back to Boston. But wars are never won in a single day, and after the heady excitement of the first clash, Levi now finds himself stuck in a siege. With more big guns, and control of the sea, the British redcoats have no intention of leaving. With control of the land, and greater numbers, the militias of New England have no intention of letting them out of the city. Both sides are stuck in stalemate, and looking to break it. Levi finds himself caught up in these events, and soon begins to understand that wars aren’t gallant moments of bravery, but brutal slogs that can last for years, exhausting even the most ardent patriot. But with his betrothed in British hands, his father estranged from him, and his home town thinking him just above trash, what choice does he have but to keep fighting? There’s only one way forwards for this young man, and the nascent country, and that’s through pain, struggle, and determination…

CONTINENTAL SOLDIER: SIEGE OF BOSTON, available for purchase on Amazon, ebook or paperback!
David Welch
Internet Sage

Unread post

The story of the revolution continues in this epic poem adventure…

CONTINENTAL SOLDIER: SIEGE OF BOSTON, available for purchase on Amazon, ebook or paperback!
David Welch
Internet Sage

Unread post

First review up on Amazon!

"I loved the focus on lyrics and how you completed. a masterpiece poem. I can’t wait to read more of this author "

CONTINENTAL SOLDIER: SIEGE OF BOSTON< available for purchase on Amazon, ebook or paperback!
David Welch
Internet Sage

Unread post

When the rush of the fight wears off and the grind of war sets in, the strength of a man' patriotism is put to the test...

David Welch
Internet Sage

Unread post

It's easy to battle for what one believes, it's harder to labor when no one is watching...

CONTINENTAL SOLDIER: SIEGE OF BOSTON, available for purchase on Amazon, ebook or paperback.
OpanaPointer
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

If one is interested in this era I recommend Memoir of a Revolutionary Soldier: The Narrative of Joseph Plumb Martin (Dover Books on Americana)

Synopsis from Amazon:
A wide-eyed teenager during most of the Revolutionary War, Joseph Plumb Martin left his grandfather's farm in Connecticut in 1775 and spent much of the next eight years with the Continental Army, crisscrossing the mid-Atlantic states and returning north after the British surrender at Yorktown. His notes, penned when he was seventy, recount in grim detail his harrowing experiences during the conflict — the staggering losses in human life, the agony of long marches, constant gnawing hunger, bitter cold, and the fear of battle, as well as a warts-and-all view of military leaders. Balancing these brutal wartime experiences are lively accounts of hunting, fishing, and other diversions--including an occasional encounter with a "saucy miss."
The fullest existing description of the Revolutionary War by an enlisted man, and a rediscovered gem of American history, Martin's recollections brim with telling anecdotes that reveal a great deal about American life during this era. An invaluable memoir from an ordinary man in extraordinary times, the narrative is "one of the best firsthand accounts of war as seen by a private soldier." — St. Louis (Mo.) Post-Dispatch
I helped teach the military history class at Purdue when I was in grad school. Lots of ROC guys. I told them that Martin's grousing could be heard almost verbatim in today's military no matter what the country.
David Welch
Internet Sage

Unread post

I read Plumb-Martin a while ago, interesting story. I guess this is in the same vein, though my character is basically going from Lexington all the way to Yorktown so I can cover the whole war. And there is plenty of grousing in the second poem, as it covers Henry Knox's torturous winter trek to bring cannons down from Ticonderoga. A brutal business, but I'm glad they pulled it off.
David Welch
Internet Sage

Unread post

A rag-tag army faces not only the enemy, but their own shortcomings in this short epic poem...

CONINENTAL SOLDIER: SIEGE OF BOSTON, available for purchase on Amazon, ebook or paperback.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”