• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Do you see Judy Garland books around in person very often? In stores or libraries?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Kiwi
Official Newbie!
New Zealand

Do you see Judy Garland books around in person very often? In stores or libraries?

Unread post

Hi there, I hardly ever see a book anywhere about Judy Garland. None in new bookstores or second hand stores.

Out of the libraries I visited, I only found a book by her husband it was mainly his own bio.

I was wondering since people here are from all over the world, if you see many books about Judy while on your book shopping ventures? Excluding online

I am not in America and this could partly be the issue, yet I have seen shelves full of other actresses Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor to name a few. It stood out the lack of Judy material compared to the others.

It could just be my place on the globe, I just wondered since Judy also made a big impact on cinema with The Wizard Of Oz...I can't say I have seen lots of books about that movie either yet I see books about other classic films.

It's just something I wondered about as I thought I would have seen more books on shelves about her by now at the various places I visit including second hand stores.

If you have a recommendation, please let me know and maybe I could ask a store if they can source it from their suppliers.

Thank you

Return to “Everything Else”