• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Ego

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Wordmonger
Official Newbie!

Ego

Unread post

I’m looking for self help book recommendations on the topic of ego. Mainly on how to manage the human ego.

I recently read a book that was published in 2016. The contents were shallow. Looking for something with a little more depth.

Thanks in advanced
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Ego

Unread post

You might investigate Buddhism as a way to manage the ego. The following link might not be the best intro, but shows some of the complexity.

https://studybuddhism.com/en/tibetan-bu ... actice-ego
vibemanlove
Official Newbie!
United States of America

Unread post

I just wrote a book on this! It's called:
"Life is but a Dream: waking up to inner peace, Love, and freedom"
I will send you a paperback copy of it for free, if you really want to read it. I won't ask for anything in return; I am truly happy to share it with you for free because of how valuable I feel that it is.
However, you can also find it on Amazon if you feel more comfortable with that (you can find it more easily if you append "brandon zirulnikoff" to the search query). There is also an ebook option if that's what you prefer.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

vibemanlove wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:37 pm I just wrote a book on this! It's called:
"Life is but a Dream: waking up to inner peace, Love, and freedom"
I will send you a paperback copy of it for free, if you really want to read it. I won't ask for anything in return; I am truly happy to share it with you for free because of how valuable I feel that it is.
However, you can also find it on Amazon if you feel more comfortable with that (you can find it more easily if you append "brandon zirulnikoff" to the search query). There is also an ebook option if that's what you prefer.
Welcome to BookTalk.org, Brandon. :-)

I searched and found your title on Amazon. In your description, you say:
The idea to write this book came to mind when I thought, "Imagine I am 19 years-old again---an anxious, depressed, and suicidal atheist---if there were a single book that could *really* help me to go from that self-destructive state, to the joyful, easy-going one i feel today, what would it contain?" Thus, this book was born (or at least, the idea of it).
I don't know how your previous atheism was correlated to your anxiety and depression, but I cannot see any reason why it should have been. I've been an atheist for 40+ years now, and my lack of belief has added nothing but positives to my life. Is your conversion from atheism, to theism, a major component of your personal journey, ideas on personal growth, and subsequent book content, or do you think you could have worked on your anxiety and depression without changing your spiritual beliefs?

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I take a small offense to the notion that atheism is self-destructive. I've heard that sort of stuff from religious leaders, but I can brush it aside pretty easily. They have an agenda, and convincing people that belief in a deity has all these cool side effects is their sales tactic. But I don't buy it.
This book is a collection of all the context, insight, reflections, and practices that essentially saved my life from self-destruction.
That's awesome. I'd be interested in hearing more about what you learned about life, and how you applied it to improve yourself. But I'd personally rather you share some key points right here on the forums.
It reviews the Why, How, and What of Meditation (from beginner to advanced).
I should learn more about meditation. Sam Harris, a very well-known atheist, is a strong proponent of meditation and mindfulness.
It also describes the way of life lived by the most devoted yogis, saints, and sages, such as Mother Teresa...
Here's a bit about Mother Teresa that you might not have known. She isn't really someone to admire. Check out the article, Mother Teresa Was Kind of a Heartless Bitch.
Ultimately, this book guides us back to an understanding of our true Self and the power we contain, both as individuals and as a Collective Consciousness---
Tell me more about this collective consciousness.

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :-)

We get into some interesting discussions here on the forums, and one thing we seem to specialize in, is questioning everything. So have some fun in your response to my comments and don't take it too seriously. I'm just poking at a few things you've said.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”