Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:52 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
What are you reading these days? 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

Post Re: What are you reading these days?
Cattleman wrote:
Right now I am looking for a good book to read. While I will read almost anything I would like to have a recommendation in general fiction, of possible something in the history vein in non-fiction. Any suggestions?

I'm reading Book Three of Ursula le Guin's Earthsea trilogy. Even if fantasy isn't your thing, this is a remarkable series. I see that Harry mentioned it recently on another thread.

Othewise, if history is your thing, you can't go wrong with David McCullough. I'm thinking of reading this one . . .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NB ... bl_vppi_i3

The following user would like to thank geo for this post:
Cattleman, Harry Marks
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:53 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Gold Contributor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for ... Criticisms

Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:42 pm
Profile Email
Getting Comfortable

Hi everyone! I recently released a novel, Irrevocable Consequence. It’s an ebook and available on Amazon and most places. Check it out if you like. https://www.amazon.com/Irrevocable-Cons ... ext&sr=1-1

Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:10 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Has memorized The Illiad

I was thinking about the McCullough book, but...
My daughter and son-in-law gave me a audible.com one-year membership for my birthday. Through it, I am 'reaqding' John Grisham's "Camino Winds." I read "Camino Island" and enjoyed it.

Also, despite the over-hype, I got curious about "The Adventures of Captain Bonneville," largely because it was written by Washington Irving. I found a free e-book edition on Amazon, and decided to give it a try. So far it is interesting; the 19th century writing style takes some getting used to, but not a major problem. I will leave a more detailed opinion when I finish it.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:17 pm
Profile Email
Official Newbie!

Horror Books on Kindle by Christopher Bike
Reading Title "Conflict Darkness"

Dolls vs. Ghosts

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:46 pm
Profile Email
Official Newbie!

The main part reveals your thoughts and ideas in more detail. Usually this block is divided into several paragraphs: each of them contains the answer to the question (or the rationale for the problem), which is raised in the text. It is like a discussion, when a point is discussed and considered from all sides, and in the essay the reader is invited to look at the situation from different points of view. In the main block of the essay, it is important to show how deeply you understand the subject, how well you know the topic. Support your conclusions and statements with logic, arguments, examples and the words of authoritative (in a particular field) people. If the questions you are considering in the essay span more than one paragraph, break each one into several parts. In this case, you can make several logically related paragraphs or a classic list of points-theses. essaywriter.org

Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:10 am
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5