Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Which 2 color schemes do you like the best for our new site design? 

Color Scheme 1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Color Scheme 2 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Color Scheme 3 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 4

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Highscores: 6

We're currently working on updating our forums to a new mobile-friendly theme. I'm looking for some opinions of which general color scheme you think would work best for BookTalk.org. Please look at these 3 attached color schemes and tell me which one you like the best. Actually, vote for your favorite 2 of 3 color schemes.

Each color scheme is comprised of 5 different colors. I drew a #1, #2 and #3 on each set of 5 colors. Please don't think I am referring to the one colored band directly below the hand-drawn number. That's just where I chose to draw the number. All 5 colors are part of the theme.

Please feel free to post your thoughts after you take the poll. Keep in mind these are to be considered accent colors. The text will be black and the post background very light. These colors are for the category and forum backgrounds.

Some highlights of the new theme... (no matter which color we pick)

1. The forums will soon be on the home page. There won't be a home page + forums page. They will be one in the same.

2. The forums will be mobile-friendly so you can enjoy them on your mobile devices.

3. Our Google rankings will increase significantly over time after this upgrade so that we will have more people joining. Mobile-friendly sites score higher in search engines. And because people will now be able to enjoy BookTalk.org on their cell phones we can expect an increase in overall activity.

Attachments:
Color3.JPG
Color3.JPG [ 40.37 KiB | Viewed 2684 times ]
Color2.JPG
Color2.JPG [ 46.61 KiB | Viewed 2684 times ]
Color1.JPG
Color1.JPG [ 46.73 KiB | Viewed 2684 times ]

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:46 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
critical of books shorter than 1000 pages

Book Discussion Leader

Post Re: Which 2 color schemes do you like the best for our new site design?
I have a mild preference for #3 over #2, and for #2 over #1, but really they all seem good to me. I am the wrong person to be asking - others are much better at imagining and judging which combinations look good.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:40 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Thanks Harry. I like all 3 but I tend to gravitate towards #2. Well, I originally did but #3 is nice too. Heck, they all are nice. I'm excited to break free from this depressing green we currently use.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:47 am
Profile Email WWW
Years of membership
Asleep in Reading Chair

To my eye, #2, but then I might be biased because those are close to the colors I've been working with lately. I prefer 2 & 3 to #1.

The following user would like to thank KindaSkolarly for this post:
Chris OConnor
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:16 pm
Profile Email

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

I think I'm stuck on #3 too.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:13 am
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

I think I like #3 too.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:04 am

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Thanks Geo.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:28 pm
Profile Email WWW

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

What about this color scheme? Or still #3 above?

Attachments:
David Likes.JPG
David Likes.JPG [ 35.66 KiB | Viewed 2410 times ]

Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:20 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Booktacular!

Gold Contributor

Chris said: Thanks Harry. I like all 3 but I tend to gravitate towards #2. Well, I originally did but #3 is nice too. Heck, they all are nice. I'm excited to break free from this depressing green we currently use.

Chris, I like the green. It’s not depressing. It’s relaxing!!!! We don’t want any aggressive go, go go colours. Pink and grey would be nice though!!!

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini

The following user would like to thank Penelope for this post:
Chris OConnor
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:51 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.