• In total there are 7 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

About this book discussion

#52: Aug. - Sept. 2008 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Ideally, everyone that participates in this book discussion will order and read the book, but reading the book is NOT a prerequisite to participation. If you are not able to order and read the book you will still find it very easy to join the discussion.

Each thread in this forum covers 10 of the 50 reasons people give for believing in a god. In other words there are 5 total threads x 10 reasons per thread = 50 total reasons.

And even if you haven't read the book you can still click on the thread and read the list of 10 stated reasons in the first post of each thread. Fortunately, the 50 reasons are pretty self-explanatory.

Example:

The thread labeled "Reasons 1 - 10" obviously covers reasons 1 through 10. Reason #10 is "Believing in my god makes me happy." Even if you haven't read the book, or specifically chapter/reason #10, you should still be able to comment on the idea that belief in god is or is not justified by the fact that belief can make people feel happy.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from ordering and reading this book because the book is fantastic and will really provide the fuel for a great discussion. But please don't be shy about jumping into this book discussion just because you haven't read the book. Maybe participating in this discussion for a while will motivate you to go out and get a copy. :smile:

Return to “50 reasons people give for believing in a god - by Guy P. Harrison”