• In total there are 33 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 33 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Midterm thoughts

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Midterm thoughts

Unread post

Well...again...We're in agreement except I don't think it's possible to "let him fall out of favor and cut him loose." If he loses the nomination, Trump will take a flamethrower to the winner. And yes I do care, but only because that will be supremely entertaining!
- They believe whatever they are thinking is of God-like importance that has never been considered in human history. Witness Ye informing Trump that he is running for President and inviting Trump to be his VP. :P
- They can make large amounts of money evaporate with nothing to show for it. Consider Ye losing something like $2 Billion in one week by enraging business partners.

Ye could be helped if the media ignored him, perhaps allowing him to get treatment. But unfortunately that's highly unlikely with a wealthy man skilled at generating media hype. I have a small amount of sympathy for his plight, but Ye is still a horrible %$#%^@&*...
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Ye just called Elon "a half-Chinese clone engineered like Obama." This guy thinks the Chinese GREW Elon in a lab evidently using Chinese and Afrikaner genes in a test tube or something. He does need to be institutionalized.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Warnock has defeated Walker in the Georgia runoff. I expected it as, I'm sure, most did. Joe Manchin is probably crying the blues having just lost his relevancy. The final Trump pick goes down in defeat while handing the democrats in the Senate a 51-49 advantage. The coup de grace, as it were for our Mr. Trump.

Also, the Trump Organization was found guilty on 17 counts of tax fraud and fined $1.6 million, Trump was not charged but somehow you just feel it coming. He will get charged with something soon. They're getting closer and closer to him little by little. Wow, he's getting more toxic practically by the minute!
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Trump promised a "major announcement" this past Tuesday. People--Trumpers and Never-Trumpers both--were expecting some news about a running mate or something about J6 or the midterms or some big policy kick-off or a response to all the legal trouble he is in. Some message for his people that they are desperate to hear. Something to show he has not forgotten them and is working to take back America.

Instead, Trump's major announcement was the release of his NFTs. NFTs are non-fungible tokens--a cryptocurrency that operate differently than something like bitcoin or ethereum. If I have a dollar in ethereum, I can change it out for any other ethereum dollar. They are all interchangeable just as real dollar bills are. NFTs, on the other hand, are all unique and can't be interchangeable. You would first go to a marketplace--and there are all kinds--and you determine what kind of digital wallet you require and then you start buying up digital art (although you can make NFTs out of anything really) and each of these are unique and you can then offer them on the marketplace. People have made a lot of money doing this but most people won't but they all think they might. Here is an example of Trump's NFTs:

They cost $99 each. Yes, they are ridiculous. Essentially, NFTs are kind like the Beanie Baby craze or the Thomas Kinkade paintings. In fact, the latter works well as a metaphor since most NFTs appear to be digital art while Kinkade's art was real. But people bought the Kinkade art and collected it. The hope is a big payoff. Suddenly, a painting is found to be rare, i.e. in demand. Someone will pay $50,000 for it!! You look through your collection and YES!! You have that painting! So you sell it to the highest bidder and retire on that massive amount of money you made. Well...no..,but that is the dream. Same idea with NFTs. You buy em and then hope you can sell em for more than you bought em for.

The nerve of Trump. Never fails to amaze. All this stuff going on--the midterm red wave catastrophe, J6 insurrectionists getting lengthy prison sentences, Jack Smith's indictment looming around the corner--and Trump's major announcement is to try and make money off them. With all the trouble with FTX recently which has singlehandedly dealt a serious blow to the future of crypto and here comes snake oil salesman Trump to sell them--SURPRISE!!--crypto. That's worse than if Mike Lindell promoted a huge announcement and when everybody tunes in, it's a 2-for-1 pillow sale. That's really abusing people's concerns. When you say you have a major announcement, you better a REAL major announcement not an everything-must-go sales pitch. But Trump is a con at heart. Just a big, fat con--literally.

Even staunch Trump supporters are mad that all he has to offer them is a grifter's gimme-your-money pitch. He's about to be indicted by the grand jury set up by Jack Smith and all he can say to his public is "Buy my trading cards for $99 each." He must be alarmingly low on funds to pull this. DeSantis got another ratings boost.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

I hope someone bought the card on the left for Dick Cheney. Trump looks like he just shot a pheasant hunting friend in the face.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

DB Roy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:01 pm I already mentioned in my opening post that Trump would be denied the nomination, and he would then initiate his scorched earth policy on the GOP. Do you really care if he destroys the GOP? Good riddance.
I'm definitely disgusted with the Republican Party these days, but I'm not sure if we'd be better off without them. I think the far left is just as wacked out and crazy as the far right. Our problem, the way I see it, is that the extremists are the most vocal.

I'm an atheist, but I find myself almost praying that both Biden and Trump are not the nominees. We all seem to agree on why Trump shouldn't ever hold public office again, but can we honestly say that Biden is our best bet for the future? The guy stutters and stammers, gets mixed up in just about every speech, and is probably going to decline quickly in the upcoming years. That's what humans do as they approach the end of their lives. I'm not criticizing him. I'm criticizing the Democratic Party for even entertaining the idea of another term for him.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

I agree with DB, I think he’s referring to the destruction of the current state of the GOP not the historical party in and of itself.
If your argument is about extremism there is no doubt that the GOP has the larger problem of extremism by the numbers.
The entire party is polluted by libertarian ideology that begs for change but offers no alternative other than Social Darwinism.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Taylor wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:41 pm I agree with DB, I think he’s referring to the destruction of the current state of the GOP not the historical party in and of itself.
OK, well then we are all in agreement. I tend to take things too literally. One of my many flaws.
Taylor wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:41 pm If your argument is about extremism there is no doubt that the GOP has the larger problem of extremism by the numbers.
The entire party is polluted by libertarian ideology that begs for change but offers no alternative other than Social Darwinism.
Amen. I cannot believe the support Trump still receives, even after overwhelming evidence exposed in the Jan. 6 hearings. And Marjorie Taylor Greene, and many others in the Republican Party, are just plain nuts.

Return to “Current Events & History”