• In total there are 22 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 22 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

This is Depressing

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Cyra
Official Newbie!

This is Depressing

Unread post

I joined this website in hopes to discuss books and maybe even make some new acquaintances but I'm noticing a lot of people seem to be offline. Do members actually use this website? :|
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: This is Depressing

Unread post

:welcome:

Well we do need help with the book discussions. A little more energy would go a long way. Please feel free to read and join in discussions of some of our current books.

Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
How to read the Constitution and Why by law professor Kim Wehle
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky

Check out the wide variety of books we have reviewed:
book-discussions

If you participate, you can also help determine future discussions.
Cyra
Official Newbie!

Unread post

LanDroid wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:14 pm :welcome:

Well we do need help with the book discussions. A little more energy would go a long way. Please feel free to read and join in discussions of some of our current books.

Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
How to read the Constitution and Why by law professor Kim Wehle
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky

Check out the wide variety of books we have reviewed:
book-discussions

If you participate, you can also help determine future discussions.
I will definitely participate ^.^
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Cyra wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:33 pm I joined this website in hopes to discuss books and maybe even make some new acquaintances but I'm noticing a lot of people seem to be offline. Do members actually use this website? :|
Most Internet forums are struggling these days. If you have any suggestions, please share them. We've been online for over 20 years, but it has become increasingly difficult to compete with social media. We've tried everything imaginable to pull people off of Facebook and Instagram, or whatever else they are using, and get them on our forums and engaged in our discussions, but it seems to be impossible.

The ones that are here tend to be people that appreciate quality, in-depth discussions. You really cannot have deep intellectual discussions on Facebook, as Facebook controls every aspect of your feed. Start talking about something on Facebook and within minutes your post is buried under ads and pictures of your friend's cat.

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :)

We've been here for decades and aren't going anywhere. We'd love for you to get involved on the forums and then go drag your friends back here. Use violence and coercion if necessary. :chatsmilies_com_92:

Return to “Current Events & History”